Guinness Ghana Limited, a pacesetter in the brewery industry outshined competition by claiming the coveted Manufacturing Company of the Year award at the maiden Ghana Manufacturing Awards.
The producers of Malta Guinness, Guinness beer and as well as Origin besides taking home the ultimate awards of the night was also acknowledged as the Most Environmentally Friendly Manufacturing company as well as CSR Manufacturing company of the year.
Speaking in an interview the Corporate Affairs Director, Gabriel Opoku Asare, attributed their success to their customers.
“We believe that our consumers are the heart of the business, they drive our innovations and sustainability agenda.
"So for us, it's about looking within the business and cutting down waste within the business in terms of cost that are not relevant and then to ensure that we can keep on supplying our best tasting liquids to our consumers at affordable prices,” he said.
Other awards for the evening went to the Best Company for Innovation which went to Inesfly, for their paint products which also function as insecticides.
Accents and Arts also won the best Fabrications Company while Access Bank was adjudged the Best Financial Services Company in terms of support for the manufacturing sector.
The Founder and Chairman of Kasapreko Limited, Dr Kwabena Agyei was also recognised with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to the country's manufacturing sector.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Fuel prices at pumps projected to drop – IES
- We are ready for our factory -- La Mantse tells gov’t
- Review of 35% income tax was “great sacrifice” – Ofori-Atta
- TUC happy with review of 35% personal income tax
- Barclays partners Invest In Africa to increase credit facilities for SMEs
- GOIL reduces petrol, diesel prices beginning Friday
- Vodafone excites Broadband Customers with Christmas promo
- GT Bank meets BoG minimum capital requirement
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support young entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit