Express Capital Microfinance Ltd, an indigenous second tier banking institution which was incorporated in 2012, has rebranded into Direct Savings and Loans Ltd.
The mission of Direct Savings and Loans Ltd is to become a dynamic financial service provider, creating and sustaining wealth for our clients while being committed to delivering excellent returns for our shareholders and business partners.
Its main business will be to provide banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), traders and market women, salaried workers and the self-employed.
Direct Savings and Loans currently operates 5 different branches- Tesano, Tema, Madina, Kasoa and Accra Central- all in the Greater Accra Region.
An official event to launch the new bank will take place on Thursday, July 13, 2017, at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra. Notable personalities including the Vice President, Alhaji Dr Mahamudu Bawumia will grace the function.
Ahead of the official launch, the Board of Directors and Management of Direct Savings and Loans in a statement, have assured clients and potential clients to brace an all-new banking experience.
“The Board of Directors and Management of Express Capital Micro¬nance Limited would like to formally inform its customers and the general public that the company has legally changed its name to Direct Savings & Loans Limited.
“Direct Savings & Loans Limited has been granted a Savings and Loans license by the Bank of Ghana with license number 0089.”
The statement further urged existing clients to “note that all liabilities and obligations hitherto held by the entity, Express Capital Micro¬nance Limited have been entirely and unequivocally transferred to Direct Savings & Loans Limited without any alteration of the circumstances.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Support Young Entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit
- Institute of Directors want directors on public, private boards certified
- More intrapreneurs, not more entrepreneurs
- Mr. Accreditation, enough of booklong MBA graduates
- Fidelity Bank increases support for women, youth development
- #YourBudget2019: E-waste management program to create 20,000 direct jobs
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by end of year- Finance Minister
- Achievements of the Akufo-Addo gov't in 22 months
- Gov't to launch Rearing for Food and Jobs program to check imports