The Minister for Communications, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful has paid a working visit to the Headquarters of Vodafone Ghana to familiarize herself with the operations of the telecom giant and to pledge government’s support to Vodafone’s digitalisation agenda.
She commended Vodafone for creating a respected brand and transforming the company into the second biggest in terms of revenue market share.
Speaking on the tremendous strides the company has made so far, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful said: “I am impressed with what Vodafone has achieved so far and excited about the vision they have for the future. I am committed to do what I can as a Minister to assist them improve profitability and grow their business to serve their customers.”
The Minister earlier held a closed door meeting with the top management team of Vodafone Ghana where she expressed satisfaction with the strides made by the company in the past seven years; and added that government will adopt the right policies to help companies like Vodafone succeed.
Expressing her appreciation to the Minister and reiterating the company’s commitment to Ghana, Vodafone’s CEO, Yolanda Cuba emphasised the company’s contribution to the progress of Ghana’s economy including its unique products, services and community support.
She added that Vodafone will champion a new digitalisation agenda.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- BoG okays First Atlantic, Energy Commercial Bank merger talks
- Access Bank appoints new Managing Director
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities