Star Microinsurance Services Limited, in a bid to take its rightful position as the dominant Microinsurance Company in Ghana, has held a two days Strategic session dubbed; “Business Growth Strategies” with Management and Non-Management Staff.
During this Strategic meeting, the team was taken through various strategic topics such as Driving Motivation, Morale and Commitment as well as New Approaches to working with the use of Technology.
The resource person, Mr. Michael Osikoya, who is a seasoned Strategic Management practitioner, urged the team to go the extra mile in all their endeavors.
The new Executive Director, Mr. Kwame Asare Boakye, took the Team members through the new strategic focus of the company, which is to reach the 1,500,000 clientele base by end of 2018 from the current one million figure.
The company is to achieve this objective by acquiring the state of Art Technology to drive customer service, sales, premium collections and prompt payment of genuine claims.
The Executive Director and Management also believe that in achieving this objective; Recruitment, Training and staff motivation are key success factors which will also form an integral part of the whole process.
In spite of the repositioning process, the company paid genuine claims of over GH¢700,000.00 within the first half of 2017 to various institutions who have Loan Protection policy with the company and also to individual clients in the markets.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed