Newmont Golden Ridge Ltd has been adjudged the best company in the 16th edition of the Ghana Club 100 awards organized by the Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC).
The event under the theme, “Industrialization – A Tool For Job Creation And Accelerated Economic Development” also saw MTN, Goil, Goldfields Ghana and Vivo Energy emerge as the second, third, fourth and fifth top companies respectively.
The theme’s objective is in line with government’s vision to use manufacturing through the one district, one factory initiative as an economic development and job creation tool.
The GIPC also used this year’s edition as a launch pad for promoting partnerships between Ghanaian manufacturers and their foreign counterparts.
The Ghana Club 100 (GC 100) is an annual compilation of the top 100 companies in Ghana to give due recognition to successful enterprise building and was launched in 1998 by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC).
The GC 100 is about corporate excellence. Companies making it into the GC 100 are to serve as role models for the private sector and provide a forum for corporate Ghana to interact with the government at a high level.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed
- World's 'most excellent' airlines for 2019 revealed