The Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC), has launched 16th edition of the Ghana Club 100 Awards with the main aim of strengthening Small and Medium Enterprises and Industries (SMEIs) with the needed tools to remain relevant on the world market.
The 16th Ghana Club 100 is under the theme, “Industrialization: A tool for Job Creation and Accelerated Economic Development.”
Chief Executive Officer of GIPC, Yoofi Grant said this year’s awards is in line with government’s vision to use manufacturing through the one district, one factory initiative, as an economic development and job creation tool to enhance the competitiveness of the corporate market and also to develop their criteria.
“ This year’s Club 100 event will be to put out the message that Ghana is looking out for companies who add value to our raw materials as we also use it as a launch pad for promoting partnerships between Ghanaian industries and indigenous, foreign investment capital in a more structured form,” he revealed to Joy Business.
Companies running under limited liability are encouraged to apply for the 16th edition of the Ghana Club 100 event and for companies with government interest, government shares should be less than 50%, unless it is listed on the stock exchange.
This year’s event, which comes up November 10, 2017 will highlight companies and present awards in the following categories- Best Company in Agriculture and Agribusiness, Financial Services, Information and communications technology among others.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- ADB staff oppose proposed ADB-NIB merger
- Opportunity International, UK Aid launch project to empower women
- Gov't to complete merger of ADB, NIB by Dec 31
- Gov't revisiting plans to lock in oil prices - Ofori-Atta
- MTN Ghana assures shareholders of good times ahead
- Borrowing in 2019 won’t cause debt distress – Ofori-Atta assures
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Gov't engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties
- IMF says optimism in South Africa's economic recovery fading
- Govt releases GH¢2 billion to pay contractors
- Microfinance depositors demand gov’t bail out
- Nana Efua Rockson is “Woman PR Professional of the Year 2018”
- VISA to drive financial inclusion through football; signs sponsorship deal with CAF
- ECG invests "more than GH¢14m" to improve Accra West systems
- Israel explores economic opportunities in Ashanti Region