Managing Director of OmniBank, Philip Oti-Mensah has been adjudged the SME Financial Services Chief Executive for 2016.
He was recognized for his outstanding contribution to small and medium scale businesses and positioning at the 7th Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Awards in Accra over the weekend.
With over 12 years experience in SME banking and commitment to SME development, Mr. Oti-Mensah has influenced the growth of many small entrepreneurs to succeed.
His experience and commitment to SME development have influenced the growth of many small entrepreneurs to succeed.
Speaking to JOY BUSINESS after receiving the award, the OmniBank MD said, “We are glad that our focus on entrepreneurs is paying off. We are motivated to do more and maintain our position of the number one SME bank in Ghana”.
Praising the country’s entrepreneurs for pressing on despite challenges such as high-interest rates, he also encouraged his colleagues in the industry to come up with innovative ways to help SMEs do better.
The Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Awards instituted in 2010, seeks to identify the tremendous contributions of the companies, entrepreneurs and corporate executives to the development of the country.
It is aimed at recognizing and honouring outstanding Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian permanent resident entrepreneurs and serve as a motivation for budding Ghanaian entrepreneurs in the small, medium and large enterprises.
This year’s event was held under the theme: Promoting economic growth through private sector development and corporate governance.’
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- SEC puts 21 investment firms under forensic audit
- Private companies urged to invest more in water for underprivileged
- TOR debt reaches ¢1.85b as of April 30
- Irate traders close shops of foreign retailers at Opera Square again
- Ghana has not failed to secure buyer for 2020/21 beans – COCOBOD denies report
- Report: BoG Governor's MPC briefings and justification for banking reforms
- Goil vs Total: which has the happier shareholders?
- IFS blames high policy rate on gov't borrowing
- Santol Energy meets ISO international standards
- SC Keyboard: StanChart launches first social banking solution
- MTN ends 2019 21 Days of Y’ello Care programme
- Rawlings backs Frimpong Boateng's call for use of organic-based fertilisers
- Gov't injects fresh capital into banks as bond-sale plan flops
- AirtelTigo launches special offer for Hajj pilgrims
- FBNBank appoints Victor Yaw Asante as new MD in Ghana