Managing Director of OmniBank, Philip Oti-Mensah has been adjudged the SME Financial Services Chief Executive for 2016.
He was recognized for his outstanding contribution to small and medium scale businesses and positioning at the 7th Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Awards in Accra over the weekend.
With over 12 years experience in SME banking and commitment to SME development, Mr. Oti-Mensah has influenced the growth of many small entrepreneurs to succeed.
His experience and commitment to SME development have influenced the growth of many small entrepreneurs to succeed.
Speaking to JOY BUSINESS after receiving the award, the OmniBank MD said, “We are glad that our focus on entrepreneurs is paying off. We are motivated to do more and maintain our position of the number one SME bank in Ghana”.
Praising the country’s entrepreneurs for pressing on despite challenges such as high-interest rates, he also encouraged his colleagues in the industry to come up with innovative ways to help SMEs do better.
The Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Awards instituted in 2010, seeks to identify the tremendous contributions of the companies, entrepreneurs and corporate executives to the development of the country.
It is aimed at recognizing and honouring outstanding Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian permanent resident entrepreneurs and serve as a motivation for budding Ghanaian entrepreneurs in the small, medium and large enterprises.
This year’s event was held under the theme: Promoting economic growth through private sector development and corporate governance.’
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- BoG okays First Atlantic, Energy Commercial Bank merger talks
- Access Bank appoints new Managing Director
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities