The Chief Executive Officer of OmniBank, Philip Oti-Mensah, has won the 40 Under 40 Male Personality Honorary awards.
It was organised to identify, honour and celebrate a cross-section of Ghana’s most influential and accomplished young business leaders under the age of 40.
The awards based the nominations on the commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and community service.
This comes off the back of winning the 20 Under 40 Award, SME Financial Services CEO of the Year (Ghana Corporate Executives and Entrepreneur Awards) and emerged the 3rd most reputable Bank CEO in Ghana (Reputation Poll, 2017) earlier this year
Known for his visionary, hands-on and result-oriented approach, Mr. Oti-Mensah has led his team from minnows in the Savings and Loans Industry to a top player and subsequently a universal bank.
Commenting on the feat, Philip Oti-Mensah dedicated his award to the OmniBank team and his family for their support.
“I want to thank the shareholders, the Board of Directors, Management and Staff of OmniBank for making Mr Oti-Mensah's leadership possible.
“I dedicate this award to them. And of course, I say big thanks to my beautiful wife and my daughters,” he after receiving the award noting that this feat will rather spur him to be more humble and work harder.
With over 15 years’ experience in SME banking and commitment to SME development, Mr. Oti-Mensah has influenced the growth of many small entrepreneurs to succeed.
PROFILE OF MR. PHILIP OTI MENSAH
Philip Oti-Mensah boasts of over 15 years’ experience in the banking sector playing key roles in building successful SMEs in Ghana through various platforms over the last decade and over.
He has continuously demonstrated achievements through the many awards he has won as an individual and leader of OmniBank. Aside the many awards that the company has won, he has also positioned the OmniBank as a true SME Bank.
Philip took over a small (bottom 3) savings and loans company in 2013 and within three years transformed it into a universal bank. He set the vision 3 in 3, Bank in 5 (Top 3 of the Savings and Loans industry in 3 years, Universal Bank in Five Years but he led Union Savings and Loans to become number 1 in only 2 years (2015) and a Bank in 4 years (2016), meeting all the goals ahead of time.
Under his leadership Union Savings and Loans/OmniBank has won many awards in 2014 as follows:
- SME Financial Services CEO of the Year, Ghana Corporate Executives and Entrepreneur Awards
- 20 Under 40 Award
- The Business Excellence Award, Emerging Brand of the Year
- Product Innovation Award, Ghana Shippers Awards.
- Business Support, Non- Bank Of The Year Award, 2015 , Entrepreneurs Foundation Ghana
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Non- Bank of the Year, 2015
- Overall winner, Service Excellence Award, Jospong Group of Companies, 2016.
- 2014 Ghana Club 100 No.5 – Ghana Club 100 Awards
- 2014 GC100 Leader, Non- Bank Financial Institution Sector Ranking – Ghana Club 100 Awards
- 2014 GC100 Fastest Growing Company In Ghana (Ghana Club 100 Awards)
- GBFA Best SME Finance Company Ghana, 2014 (Global Banking and Finance Review Awards)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Emerging Brand of the Year, 2014
- Best in Customer Service, Non- Bank Sector (Ghana Customer Service Awards, 2015)
- The Customer First Survey Ranking No.1- Savings and Loans Sector
- Ghana’s Most Outstanding SME Development Bank (Pan African Leadership Merit Awards