The Bank of Ghana has made key changes to various heads of department while still merging some units.
Information available to JoyBusiness indicates the changes would take effect from October 2, 2017.
Research and Statistics Department has been combined into one department, under a new name of Research Department. It would have three key divisions; Monetary Policy Analysis, Statistics, and Ghana Risk Sharing Systems for Agriculture lending.
The Communications Department and Protocol services have been moved into the Secretary’s department to be headed by Secretary of the Bank. It will also have the following divisions; Board of Operations Divisions, Protocol and CSR and Communications Divisions.
Procurement and Transport Department Estate and Projects Department and Information Department, as well as the Publication Services Department, have been combined into one Department; Corporate Management and Services (CMS) Department.
It will have three key divisions i.e Procurement and Transport Divisions, Estate and Project Division andPublication and Records Division. The Bank has also created a technical Advisory and Internal Investigation Unit in the governor's Department.
According to JoyBusiness sources, the changes are to further sharpen the focus of the Bank’s internal processes, enhance functionality, improve synergies among departments and to support the delivery of the Bank’s mandate.
Information picked up by JoyBusiness indicates that John Gyamfi would be the head of Currency Management to be supported by Peter Tease, while Catherine Ashiley would be an Advisor at the department.
Raymond Amanfo would still handle the Banking Supervision Department, however, JoyBusiness is learning that Osei Gyasi would take over the department as the head would retire soon. He is likely to be supported by Elliot Amoako.
Francis Blankson is also the head of that Financial Stability Department, with Dr. Joseph France expected to take over when the former retires.
Other positions are:
Caroline Otoo, Director Secretary,
Benjamine Amoah, Head of Research.
Stephen Opata, Acting Head of Financial Markets.
Stephen Amegashie, Director Collateral Registry
Dr Settor Amediku, Director payments
Evelyn Kwatia, Director, Governors
Peggy O. T Dzodomenyo, Director Banking
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- Martell to launch two new outstanding cognacs in Ghana