GCB Bank has been adjudged the Best Compliance Employer of the year at the just ended Africa compliance professional awards in Accra.
GCB Bank beat competition from other intuitions in this category like First National Bank Ghana, Afriland First Bank of Liberia, Swaziland Building Society and Al Baraka Bank South Africa.
In all, 10 awards were picked up by several organizations and individuals that have distinguished themselves in areas of risk management and compliance for last year.
The award should mean that GCB Bankh as put in place enough measures to comply with the necessary regulatory requirements as a commercial bank in the country and even in the Africa region.
The Association of Certified Compliance Professionals is said to be Africa’s largest and most influential professional body.
It was foundered in January 2015 and has become the continet’s leading organization on all matters relating to compliance. It has over 2500 members from over 450 final institutions in 46 African countries.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support Young Entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit
- Institute of Directors want directors on public, private boards certified
- More intrapreneurs, not more entrepreneurs
- Mr. Accreditation, enough of booklong MBA graduates
- Fidelity Bank increases support for women, youth development
- #YourBudget2019: E-waste management program to create 20,000 direct jobs
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by end of year- Finance Minister