Air Namibia has announced the appointment of APG Network as the General Sales Representation Services provider in Ghana and Nigeria effective March 2018.
In accordance with the GSSA agreement entered into, APG Network will provide full sales and marketing services, as well as call centre and customer care services on behalf of Air Namibia in the two countries.
A statement from the Airline said the appointment follows Air Namibia’s decision to launch the Windhoek-Lagos-Accra route, which will commence on 29 June 2018.
This new route will provide a direct and convenient service connecting Namibia to the two West African countries.
The four times weekly operation (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday from Windhoek) will provide smooth and convenient connections inbound and outbound to the airline’s regional flights, connecting West Africa via Windhoek to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Luanda, Harare, Lusaka, Vic Falls, Gaborone Walvis Bay and Durban.
“We are happy for having established this relationship with the APG Network, as through innovation and utilizing their extensive experience in the field of aviation, and being a key global player in the airline distribution environment, offering outsourced services such as passenger sales and marketing, reservations, Air Namibia is positioned to make its West Africa operations a success,” said Ms Juanita Klassen – Manager for GSA and Offline markets at Air Namibia.
Air Namibia is the national airline of the Republic of Namibia, and operates scheduled air passenger and cargo services in domestic points within Namibia, the immediate regional markets of South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Angola. The airline also offers a daily service connecting Namibia to Europe through Frankfurt in Germany.
Air Namibia brings to West Africa, its Award Winning Service, which is recognized by many and having won the “Feather Awards” as the best Regional Airline of Southern Africa at Johannesburg and Cape Town more than 10 times over the past 15 years, and having been recognized by Skytrax Airline Awards as Africa’s second best regional airline in 2016 and 2017.
APG Network is the world’s leading network for Airline Distribution and Financial Services. With 111 APG Network Members and Services Partners, APG is present in 176 countries and have commercial relationships with over 200 airlines.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions
- Climate Week: Place agro-ecology at centre of climate action in Africa -- CSOs demand
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana