Air Namibia has announced the appointment of APG Network as the General Sales Representation Services provider in Ghana and Nigeria effective March 2018.
In accordance with the GSSA agreement entered into, APG Network will provide full sales and marketing services, as well as call centre and customer care services on behalf of Air Namibia in the two countries.
A statement from the Airline said the appointment follows Air Namibia’s decision to launch the Windhoek-Lagos-Accra route, which will commence on 29 June 2018.
This new route will provide a direct and convenient service connecting Namibia to the two West African countries.
The four times weekly operation (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday from Windhoek) will provide smooth and convenient connections inbound and outbound to the airline’s regional flights, connecting West Africa via Windhoek to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Luanda, Harare, Lusaka, Vic Falls, Gaborone Walvis Bay and Durban.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“We are happy for having established this relationship with the APG Network, as through innovation and utilizing their extensive experience in the field of aviation, and being a key global player in the airline distribution environment, offering outsourced services such as passenger sales and marketing, reservations, Air Namibia is positioned to make its West Africa operations a success,” said Ms Juanita Klassen – Manager for GSA and Offline markets at Air Namibia.
Air Namibia is the national airline of the Republic of Namibia, and operates scheduled air passenger and cargo services in domestic points within Namibia, the immediate regional markets of South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Angola. The airline also offers a daily service connecting Namibia to Europe through Frankfurt in Germany.
Air Namibia brings to West Africa, its Award Winning Service, which is recognized by many and having won the “Feather Awards” as the best Regional Airline of Southern Africa at Johannesburg and Cape Town more than 10 times over the past 15 years, and having been recognized by Skytrax Airline Awards as Africa’s second best regional airline in 2016 and 2017.
APG Network is the world’s leading network for Airline Distribution and Financial Services. With 111 APG Network Members and Services Partners, APG is present in 176 countries and have commercial relationships with over 200 airlines.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NIC task force swoops commercial buildings without insurance; arrests 6
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house