Ghana is set to commence flights to Seychelles after the country initialled a bilateral air service agreement with Seychelles.
Deputy Minister of Aviation, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah and his counterpart from Seychelles signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at the ongoing International Civil Aviation Organization Air Services Negotiations Event 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Mr Okyere Darko-Mensah is currently leading a-10 member delegation to the event.
Delegations from 70 countries around the world have gathered in Nairobi to negotiate Air Service Agreements at the eleventh (11th) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Air Services Negotiation Event (ICAN2018).
ICAN is an annual global aviation event convened by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) since 2008.
The aim is to provide meeting facilities for States to conduct multiple bilateral, regional or plurilateral air services negotiations on market access in a single location thus sparing the member states the trouble of making individual trips to each of the countries.
It is also a forum for the participants to learn about current trends, discuss topical issues and exchange experiences and excellent networking opportunities. Negotiations between States remain private in nature, not open to third parties
Guided by the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention), 1944, it is expected that the participating delegations will be negotiating plurilateral, multilateral and bilateral agreements that will allow them to operate international air services.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March
- GACL to initiate firm steps to tackle corruption at airport