Ghana is set to commence flights to Seychelles after the country initialled a bilateral air service agreement with Seychelles.
Deputy Minister of Aviation, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah and his counterpart from Seychelles signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at the ongoing International Civil Aviation Organization Air Services Negotiations Event 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Mr Okyere Darko-Mensah is currently leading a-10 member delegation to the event.
Delegations from 70 countries around the world have gathered in Nairobi to negotiate Air Service Agreements at the eleventh (11th) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Air Services Negotiation Event (ICAN2018).
ICAN is an annual global aviation event convened by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) since 2008.
The aim is to provide meeting facilities for States to conduct multiple bilateral, regional or plurilateral air services negotiations on market access in a single location thus sparing the member states the trouble of making individual trips to each of the countries.
It is also a forum for the participants to learn about current trends, discuss topical issues and exchange experiences and excellent networking opportunities. Negotiations between States remain private in nature, not open to third parties
Guided by the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention), 1944, it is expected that the participating delegations will be negotiating plurilateral, multilateral and bilateral agreements that will allow them to operate international air services.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana misses top 10 African destinations to visit in 2018
- Accra to host expanded China Trade Week event from June 19 - 21
- Former GNPC Boss, Theophilus Ahwireng named MD of MODEC
- Economy at the mercy of foreign investors, importers – BoG Governor
- Economist urges BoG to regulate ‘black market’ to ensure exchange rate is sustained
- West Africa’s mobile economy to reach $70bn by 2023 – report
- BoG constrained in fight against cedi depreciation – Asiedu-Mante
- NPA considers use of tech to fight petroleum fraud
- Huawei first-quarter revenue grows 39% to $27bn
- Navigating Sub-Saharan Africa’s recovery amid greater uncertainty
- Oil hits 2019 high on U.S. plan to tighten squeeze on Iran
- Upper West: 1,022 bags of maize harvested under PFJs
- Gov’t, Labour agree to build consensus on dev’t issues
- Ofori-Atta steers World Bank/IMF Development Committee on global dev't issues
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier