The Deputy Minister for Aviation Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah has said construction for the new airport in Takoradi will start next year.
This according to Mr Okyere Darko-Mensah will go a long way to compliment government activities to boost socio-economic activities in the region.
He said, “Government is planning to build the new Takoradi airport because we believe that the region contributes a lot to the nation’s GDP, and a lot of businesses will like to have some type of investment in this area. We will like to provide them with the safest means of transport to move from all parts of the world to this place.”
It is anticipated that the new airport will have a modern terminal building, a cargo centre and a longer runway compared to the current Takoradi airport.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs