The Deputy Minister for Aviation Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah has said construction for the new airport in Takoradi will start next year.
This according to Mr Okyere Darko-Mensah will go a long way to compliment government activities to boost socio-economic activities in the region.
He said, “Government is planning to build the new Takoradi airport because we believe that the region contributes a lot to the nation’s GDP, and a lot of businesses will like to have some type of investment in this area. We will like to provide them with the safest means of transport to move from all parts of the world to this place.”
It is anticipated that the new airport will have a modern terminal building, a cargo centre and a longer runway compared to the current Takoradi airport.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- $3bn Eurobond cash likely to hit BoG’s account this week
- Ghana, Denmark sign strategic maritime sector cooperation
- What African Central Bankers will discuss in the next 7 days
- Payment Systems and Settlement bill to transform fintech space
- Total wants to drill for oil in the world's fastest Ocean Current
- Economic integration of Africa low -- Report
- The little drops of entrepreneurs who are making a mighty ocean
- FBNBank embarks on 125km relay walk
- Ghana among top 10 investment destinations in Africa
- Some OMC’s increase fuel prices to recover cost associated with cedi's depreciation
- No Ghana Post GPS, no business registration - Registrar General
- Ghana among RMB’s 2019 top 10 Investment Destinations in Africa
- Brexit costing UK economy $1 billion a week
- Private sector credit growth expected to rebound – BoG Survey
- SEC assures investors of vibrant asset management industry