The Deputy Minister for Aviation Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah has said construction for the new airport in Takoradi will start next year.
This according to Mr Okyere Darko-Mensah will go a long way to compliment government activities to boost socio-economic activities in the region.
He said, “Government is planning to build the new Takoradi airport because we believe that the region contributes a lot to the nation’s GDP, and a lot of businesses will like to have some type of investment in this area. We will like to provide them with the safest means of transport to move from all parts of the world to this place.”
It is anticipated that the new airport will have a modern terminal building, a cargo centre and a longer runway compared to the current Takoradi airport.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Renowned banker Albert Essien to chair Ghana Amalgamated Trust
- 10 developments that will shape Africa’s energy sector in 2019
- Photos: GCNet ushers 2019 with Thanksgiving Service
- Tunisia seeks direct flights to Ghana
- Top 26 billionaires own $1.4 trillion
- PwC to take 'legal action' against loan defaulters of defunct UT, Capital Banks
- Tanzania delegation understudies NLA's transformational agenda
- GRA confident its international partnership will help boost revenue
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear