The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) will on December 27 and 28, 2018 hold a public auction exercise where a number of overstayed vehicles and goods will be sold to the general public at Tema.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner-General of GRA, Emmanuel Kofi Nti, the auctioning of the overstayed goods and vehicles are part of efforts to mop-up revenue before the end of the year and this is in accordance with Sections 93 (1) and 59 (2) of the Customs Act which mandates them to carry out that act.
According to him, the auction will be on a cash-down basis and the general public will be expected to partake in the activity.
“GRA expects the cooperation and understanding of the public to ensure the success of this auction. The GRA wishes all stakeholders, taxpayers and the general public the best of the season”, the statement read.
Below are details of the date and location where the goods and vehicles will be auctioned by the GRA Customs Division.
1. State Warehouse – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
2. Atlas – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
3. Safebond Yard – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions