The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) will on December 27 and 28, 2018 hold a public auction exercise where a number of overstayed vehicles and goods will be sold to the general public at Tema.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner-General of GRA, Emmanuel Kofi Nti, the auctioning of the overstayed goods and vehicles are part of efforts to mop-up revenue before the end of the year and this is in accordance with Sections 93 (1) and 59 (2) of the Customs Act which mandates them to carry out that act.
According to him, the auction will be on a cash-down basis and the general public will be expected to partake in the activity.
“GRA expects the cooperation and understanding of the public to ensure the success of this auction. The GRA wishes all stakeholders, taxpayers and the general public the best of the season”, the statement read.
Below are details of the date and location where the goods and vehicles will be auctioned by the GRA Customs Division.
1. State Warehouse – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
2. Atlas – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
3. Safebond Yard – Vehicles/General Goods – 27th and 28th December – 10am
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Renowned banker Albert Essien to chair Ghana Amalgamated Trust
- 10 developments that will shape Africa’s energy sector in 2019
- Photos: GCNet ushers 2019 with Thanksgiving Service
- Tunisia seeks direct flights to Ghana
- Top 26 billionaires own $1.4 trillion
- PwC to take 'legal action' against loan defaulters of defunct UT, Capital Banks
- Tanzania delegation understudies NLA's transformational agenda
- GRA confident its international partnership will help boost revenue
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear