Bus terminals are normally characterized by holidaymakers, trying to beat the last minute deadline for the start of the yuletide.
The VIP bus station is one such popular bus terminals located at Circle, Accra. This year the situation is no different, as many people have been ready to catch a bus at the last minute.
Speaking to Gifty Mensah who was travelling to visit her family, she said, she has been at the bus terminal since 5 am. Others also mentioned that Christmas is best celebrated with family so there is the need to travel and spend some time with them.
“I am going to Kumasi to visit my family and I have been here since morning waiting to go to my hometown to enjoy the Christmas with my family'. Even though people say times are hard but this is a festive season which comes once so you need to enjoy it with your family,” she said.
While others were waiting for their busses, lot more people were still coming in to get their tickets to their various destinations.
“I think I am lucky today looking at the queue here as compared to my trip from Kumasi to Accra,” another traveller said.
The Transport Manager at the VIP Bus terminal, Foster Asare Brako said the transport business has been good as compared to last year.
Mr Asare Brako added that the terminal is not so choked this year as authorities had made way for more buses to offset the pressure at these times.
He said, “People are really patronizing the busses. We have enough buses to convey the people to their destination. A lot of people are travelling this year as compared to last year, especially from Kumasi to Accra and vice versa, the shorter queue you see here does not mean people are not travelling but we have rather added some new busses to avoid long queues.”
The VIP bus station is a popular bus terminal in Circle Accra. The buses ply the Kumasi, Tamale, Takoradi, Sewfi and many other routes across Ghana.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Closed season ends! Gov't opens sea for fishing activities
- Frimps Oil denies 'cheating' customers
- Leveraging technology for improved living – Jumia shows the way
- AfDB showcases impact of Korean drone technology on agricultural productivity
- Firmus Advisory holds stakeholder engagement for regulatory agencies
- VIDEO: Savings and Loans sector cleanup: To panic or not to panic
- We’re still in business – ECG boss
- Disease lowers Ghanaian cocoa output, processors must import – Sources
- Gov’t commits to funding environment-friendly houses
- No foreign participation in Ghana's ESLA bond - BoG
- Huawei Ghana allays fears about brand future: unveils new Y9 Prime 2019
- Agric ministry triggers interventions to contain reemerging Fall Army Worms
- MTN urges young entrepreneurs to embrace digital marketing
- Trade Minister urges European businesses to establish presence in Ghana
- Dubai Chamber to host 5th Global Business Forum on Africa