The Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana), the professional body for banks and financial institutions in Ghana has honoured Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia at the 22nd National Banking Conference in Accra.
The award was in recognition of the special role the Vice President Bawumia played in the development of the Institute, his contributions toward transforming the banking sector and for his overall performance in the financial landscape of Ghana.
Dr. Bawumia was made a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers in 2007.
The citation accompanying the plaque, which was handed over to him by the President of CIB-Ghana, Rev. Mrs. Patricia Sappor reads: “This Special Award is presented to His Excellency Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, FCIB, Vice President of Ghana, for your significant contribution to the banking industry.
“For distinguishing yourself as a Chartered Banker, in your role as Senior Economist and consequently, as Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ghana in June 2006.
"For your many achievements, including being part of the team that designed and implemented the successful redenomination of the cedis, for playing a significant role in the design and implementation of policy initiatives such as the abolition of the secondary reserve requirements and the opening up of the banking sector to competition, developing a strategy for accessing the international capital markets with a debut US$ 750 million, which was four times oversubscribed,
"The recent launch of the Mobile Money Interoperability System in Ghana, and as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana), for bringing honour to the profession by assuming the high office of the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana."
Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia expressed his appreciation to the executives and members of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana) for the honour done him.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- AUDIO: Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 29
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales