The Chief Executive Officer of Ghana National Gas Company, Dr Ben Asante has been awarded the prestigious CEO of the Year (petroleum) at the Ghana Energy Awards 2018.
The Ghana National Gas Company also beat its competitors to win the Best Industry Leadership Award at the event which took place on Friday, November 30.
The awards ceremony recognised the achievements and the successes of corporate entities and individuals in the energy sector, and also acknowledged the efforts, innovation and excellence stalwarts for their contribution to the petroleum industry.
Dr Ben Asante won the award at the expense of his competitors namely, Dr Kofi Amoa-Abban, CEO, Rigworld, Mr Alhassan Tampuli, CEO, National Petroleum Authority and Mr Senyo Hosi, CEO, Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors.
He was awarded for his enormous achievements, efforts and contributions to Ghana National Gas Company and the petroleum industry as a whole.
In a brief comment, Dr Asante urged all the industry players to bring their knowledge and ideas on board to help the productivity within the energy sector.
He expressed his appreciation to his staff, who toil day and night to improve the production rate of the company, which has also helped the company to become relevant in the petroleum industry and the energy sector respectively.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018