The Chief Executive Officer of Ghana National Gas Company, Dr Ben Asante has been awarded the prestigious CEO of the Year (petroleum) at the Ghana Energy Awards 2018.
The Ghana National Gas Company also beat its competitors to win the Best Industry Leadership Award at the event which took place on Friday, November 30.
The awards ceremony recognised the achievements and the successes of corporate entities and individuals in the energy sector, and also acknowledged the efforts, innovation and excellence stalwarts for their contribution to the petroleum industry.
Dr Ben Asante won the award at the expense of his competitors namely, Dr Kofi Amoa-Abban, CEO, Rigworld, Mr Alhassan Tampuli, CEO, National Petroleum Authority and Mr Senyo Hosi, CEO, Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors.
He was awarded for his enormous achievements, efforts and contributions to Ghana National Gas Company and the petroleum industry as a whole.
In a brief comment, Dr Asante urged all the industry players to bring their knowledge and ideas on board to help the productivity within the energy sector.
He expressed his appreciation to his staff, who toil day and night to improve the production rate of the company, which has also helped the company to become relevant in the petroleum industry and the energy sector respectively.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March