Domestic Airline, Passion Air has made an inaugural flight to Takoradi as it readies to commence scheduled flights to the region.
The new route brings to three the total destinations frequented by the airline since it commenced operations in August this year.
The airline already does Accra-Tamale-Accra and Accra-Kumasi-Accra.
The Accra-Takoradi route will be commencing on Monday, December 10.
The airline will fly twice weekly except Sundays.
According to the Commercial Manager for Passion Air, Anita Khouryfor, the strategic decision to commence services to the region was in response to a growing demand by passengers.
Speaking at the inaugural flight ceremony at the Takoradi airport, the Deputy Minister for Aviation, Kwabena Otchere Darko-Mensah said the move will give a boost to the economic activities in the area.
He said, “As we know Takoradi is the oil city and there is a lot of mining activity here as well, so we are glad we can provide businessmen with the safest means of transport from every part of the world to this place”.
The Minister further indicated that the government was seriously considering the construction of a new airport in the Takoradi to further support airlines and air travel.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana
- Digital agency banking to drive deposits for CalBank
- Smuggling of petroleum products reduces