Domestic Airline, Passion Air has made an inaugural flight to Takoradi as it readies to commence scheduled flights to the region.
The new route brings to three the total destinations frequented by the airline since it commenced operations in August this year.
The airline already does Accra-Tamale-Accra and Accra-Kumasi-Accra.
The Accra-Takoradi route will be commencing on Monday, December 10.
The airline will fly twice weekly except Sundays.
According to the Commercial Manager for Passion Air, Anita Khouryfor, the strategic decision to commence services to the region was in response to a growing demand by passengers.
Speaking at the inaugural flight ceremony at the Takoradi airport, the Deputy Minister for Aviation, Kwabena Otchere Darko-Mensah said the move will give a boost to the economic activities in the area.
He said, “As we know Takoradi is the oil city and there is a lot of mining activity here as well, so we are glad we can provide businessmen with the safest means of transport from every part of the world to this place”.
The Minister further indicated that the government was seriously considering the construction of a new airport in the Takoradi to further support airlines and air travel.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March