Domestic Airline, Passion Air has made an inaugural flight to Takoradi as it readies to commence scheduled flights to the region.
The new route brings to three the total destinations frequented by the airline since it commenced operations in August this year.
The airline already does Accra-Tamale-Accra and Accra-Kumasi-Accra.
The Accra-Takoradi route will be commencing on Monday, December 10.
The airline will fly twice weekly except Sundays.
According to the Commercial Manager for Passion Air, Anita Khouryfor, the strategic decision to commence services to the region was in response to a growing demand by passengers.
Speaking at the inaugural flight ceremony at the Takoradi airport, the Deputy Minister for Aviation, Kwabena Otchere Darko-Mensah said the move will give a boost to the economic activities in the area.
He said, “As we know Takoradi is the oil city and there is a lot of mining activity here as well, so we are glad we can provide businessmen with the safest means of transport from every part of the world to this place”.
The Minister further indicated that the government was seriously considering the construction of a new airport in the Takoradi to further support airlines and air travel.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- Martell to launch two new outstanding cognacs in Ghana