Ecobank Ghana has taken financial inclusion a step further by launching the Express Account Promotion which gives all Ghanaians the platform to transact business and make payments across 34 countries online.
Speaking at a press launch, Managing Director of Ecobank, Dan Sackey said the new mobile application sets the pace in the banking sector to take in Ghana's unbanked population.
He said financial inclusion required a concerted effort and cannot be done alone.
According to him, the Xpress Account is “one of the surest ways by which we can contribute to making Ghana a cashlite, society.”
The Ecobank Express Account is a self-service, real-time, online digital account or wallet that is easily operated on the mobile phone.
With a registered SIM, one can download the Ecobank Mobile App, open an Ecobank Xpress Account instantly and start transacting business.
“Currently, you can withdraw or deposit money into your Xpress account from any of the over 1,500 designated Ecobank Xpress Point locations around the country. You can also send and receive money to and from any bank account or mobile money wallet in Ghana as well as send and receive money across the 34 countries we operate within Africa,” Mr Sackey stated.
Responding to questions on how this new product plays in the mobile money ecosystem, Head of Consumer Banking at Ecobank, Tara Squire told JoyBusiness the product rather complements government’s urge to ensure a cashlite society and advance the course of mobile money interoperability.
The launch is a mass drive aimed at encouraging customers and the public to use the Ecobank Xpress Account for payments in place of cash transactions. Non-customers are encouraged to open the Ecobank Xpress Account instantly, fund it and use it for transactions for cash prizes.
Xpress Point an Agency banking agreement between Ecobank Ghana and Vivo Energy Ghana Limited (Parent Company of Shell Ghana) provides customers with banking services such as deposits and withdrawals, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts to customers across Africa.
Xpress point will provide banking services such as withdrawals, deposits, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts across Africa.
It will also offer services under some international cards such as Visa and MasterCard.
For starters, the service will be available at 17 selected Shell outlets. These selected service centre will be in Accra, Tema, Kasoa, Kumasi, Mankesim, Koforidua, Peduase, Akatsi and Aflao.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition
- Former staff of Heritage Bank accuse Receiver of cheating them on exit package