Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has won the “Best Consumer Digital Bank” at the Global Finance’s annual World’s Best Digital Bank Awards event held in London.
Executive Director and Head-Retail Banking Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited, Henry Baye, said that the desire to serve clients in every way possible is what has led the Bank to continuously innovate.
He said, “This award signifies our commitment to constantly innovate for our clients and to create for them a seamless experience between their lives and their banking. We strive to put clients totally in control of their banking and make it agnostic of location and time. By doing this we will be wherever the footprint of our clients are.”
The Global Finance award follows the bank’s commitment to harnessing technology to deliver more convenience to clients in order for them to make fast, safe and secure payments through mobile devices and online.
The Bank continues to open ultra-modern smart branches that are a combination of both traditional and digital banking services, offering a full suite of banking products including wealth, investment management and insurance solutions.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Winners were selected based on strength of strategy for attracting and servicing online customers, success in getting clients to use digital offerings, the growth of online customer base, breadth of products offered, evidence of tangible benefits gained from digital initiatives, and website design and functionality.
The Awards judging panel comprised of representatives from Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. Based on the judge’s evaluations, Global Finance’s editors made the final selections.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is Ghana’s premier bank established in 1896 with over 1000 employees.
It is part of a leading international banking group, with presence in more than 60 of the world’s most dynamic markets.
Standard Chartered Bank’s purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.
The Bank is listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange and has been one of the leading stocks over a sustained period of time.
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018