Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has won the “Best Consumer Digital Bank” at the Global Finance’s annual World’s Best Digital Bank Awards event held in London.
Executive Director and Head-Retail Banking Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited, Henry Baye, said that the desire to serve clients in every way possible is what has led the Bank to continuously innovate.
He said, “This award signifies our commitment to constantly innovate for our clients and to create for them a seamless experience between their lives and their banking. We strive to put clients totally in control of their banking and make it agnostic of location and time. By doing this we will be wherever the footprint of our clients are.”
The Global Finance award follows the bank’s commitment to harnessing technology to deliver more convenience to clients in order for them to make fast, safe and secure payments through mobile devices and online.
The Bank continues to open ultra-modern smart branches that are a combination of both traditional and digital banking services, offering a full suite of banking products including wealth, investment management and insurance solutions.
Winners were selected based on strength of strategy for attracting and servicing online customers, success in getting clients to use digital offerings, the growth of online customer base, breadth of products offered, evidence of tangible benefits gained from digital initiatives, and website design and functionality.
The Awards judging panel comprised of representatives from Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. Based on the judge’s evaluations, Global Finance’s editors made the final selections.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is Ghana’s premier bank established in 1896 with over 1000 employees.
It is part of a leading international banking group, with presence in more than 60 of the world’s most dynamic markets.
Standard Chartered Bank’s purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.
The Bank is listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange and has been one of the leading stocks over a sustained period of time.
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March