Telecommunications giant, Vodafone Ghana, has donated cash and products worth Ghc40,000 to the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) towards this year’s National Farmers’ Day event which takes place on Friday, 7th December.
The package includes Ghc 20,000 for the organisation of this year’s event, Vodafone souvenirs, Vodafone Farmers’ Club SIMs with 12 months airtime and data as well as free access to farmers’ helpline and useful information on crop and agric for all the Regional and National winners.
Additionally, the telco has announced a unique package of Ghc 10, 000 cash, a Vodafone tablet, VIP access to Farmers’ Club with extra airtime and data for the Best National Female Farmer, in line with its unwavering commitment to empowering females in agriculture.
Speaking to a cross-section of the media during the presentation, Director of Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) at Vodafone Ghana, Angela Mensah-Poku said: ‘Vodafone is excited to join in the celebration of our national heroes and heroines within the agricultural sector. We are committed to driving innovation in agriculture whilst bridging the gap between farmers and critical farming information. Through our Farmers’ Club initiative, we have been connecting farms, agribusinesses and rural communities to drive productivity, profitability and innovation. This initiative provides farmers with access to relevant information on improved farming practices, crop information, prices of commodities and expert advice, in their preferred language.”
“In collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, we will from next year, reward and celebrate farmers who among other things use innovative and new technology in their operations. The category, to be titled “National Digital Farmer of the Year”, will encourage and drive innovation within the sector,” she added.
The 34th edition of the National Farmers Day celebration will be held in Tamale, Northern Region.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Only 2% in informal sector pay taxes
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region