The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) has indicated that the bank is working to recapitalize before the December 31, deadline.
According to Dr John Kofi Mensah, an announcement would soon be made by shareholders of the Bank, which includes Bank of Ghana, Government, some retail investors and staff of ADB.
Dr Mensah tells JoyBusiness, ADB has come very far in meeting the minimum capital requirement before the end of December.
Why is ADB going ahead with capital raising plans despite plans to merge it with NIB
According to the Agricultural Development Bank, they believed that they are in a very good position to meet the new capital levels, without depending on another bank to meet the capital.
Dr Mensah says he does not think the merger would come on has planned.
Outlook for ADB
According to the Agricultural Development Bank, it plans to be heavy on the financing of agriculture from next year.
Dr Mensah said this is part of measures to play a lead role in the when it comes to developing and financing agriculture.
He said ADB is also working with other Agric-related institutions in offering technical assistance to persons in the Agric business.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana
- Digital agency banking to drive deposits for CalBank
- Smuggling of petroleum products reduces