The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) has indicated that the bank is working to recapitalize before the December 31, deadline.
According to Dr John Kofi Mensah, an announcement would soon be made by shareholders of the Bank, which includes Bank of Ghana, Government, some retail investors and staff of ADB.
Dr Mensah tells JoyBusiness, ADB has come very far in meeting the minimum capital requirement before the end of December.
Why is ADB going ahead with capital raising plans despite plans to merge it with NIB
According to the Agricultural Development Bank, they believed that they are in a very good position to meet the new capital levels, without depending on another bank to meet the capital.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Dr Mensah says he does not think the merger would come on has planned.
Outlook for ADB
According to the Agricultural Development Bank, it plans to be heavy on the financing of agriculture from next year.
Dr Mensah said this is part of measures to play a lead role in the when it comes to developing and financing agriculture.
He said ADB is also working with other Agric-related institutions in offering technical assistance to persons in the Agric business.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018