ECOBANK Ghana has rewarded about 130 customers and subscribers of the new Xpress Account.
The event marked the first draw of the Ecobank Xpress Account Promotion, winners were given surprise cash payments of up to GHc2000 each.
It was all chills at the first draw of the Ecobank Xpress Account Promotion. In conjunction with the National Lottery Authority (NLA), customers and subscribers of the XPRESS Account were randomly selected through an automated lottery system. The winners were then called on the phone to receive the surprise package.
The head of Consumer Services at Ecobank, Tara Squire, says thousands of subscribers have so far signed on to the XPRESS Account.
“This is what we set out to do, to reward our customers and others who have taken up this digital challenge, opened an Xpress Account and deposited some cash.
We’re going to run till March 2019. We are encouraging everyone out there that you have nothing to lose. Once you deposit over a 100 cedis you get free airtime and stand the chance into the draw,” he stated.
Isaac Otchere took home GHc1000, Kanso Bawah Ali – GHc1000 and Enoch Kwofie – GHc2000.
The Ecobank Express Account is a self-service, real-time, online digital account or wallet that is easily operated on the mobile phone. With a registered SIM, one can download the Ecobank Mobile App, open an Ecobank Xpress Account instantly and start transacting.
“Currently, you can withdraw or deposit money into your Xpress account from any of the over 1,500 designated Ecobank Xpress Point locations around the country. You can also send and receive money to and from any bank account or mobile money wallet in Ghana as well as send and receive money across the 34 countries we operate within Africa,” Managing Director of Ecobank, Dan Sackey had stated.
The launch is a mass drive aimed at encouraging customers and the public to use the Ecobank Xpress Account for payments in place of cash transactions. Non-customers are encouraged to open the Ecobank Xpress Account instantly, fund it and use it for transactions for cash prizes.
Xpress Point an Agency banking agreement between Ecobank Ghana and Vivo Energy Ghana Limited (Parent Company of Shell Ghana) provides customers with banking services such as deposits and withdrawals, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts to customers across Africa.
Xpress point will provide banking services such as withdrawals, deposits, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts across Africa.
It will also offer services under some international cards such as Visa and MasterCard.
For starters, the service will be available at 17 selected Shell outlets. These selected service centres will be in Accra, Tema, Kasoa, Kumasi, Mankesim, Koforidua, Peduase, Akatsi and Aflao.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions