ECOBANK Ghana has rewarded about 130 customers and subscribers of the new Xpress Account.
The event marked the first draw of the Ecobank Xpress Account Promotion, winners were given surprise cash payments of up to GHc2000 each.
It was all chills at the first draw of the Ecobank Xpress Account Promotion. In conjunction with the National Lottery Authority (NLA), customers and subscribers of the XPRESS Account were randomly selected through an automated lottery system. The winners were then called on the phone to receive the surprise package.
The head of Consumer Services at Ecobank, Tara Squire, says thousands of subscribers have so far signed on to the XPRESS Account.
“This is what we set out to do, to reward our customers and others who have taken up this digital challenge, opened an Xpress Account and deposited some cash.
We’re going to run till March 2019. We are encouraging everyone out there that you have nothing to lose. Once you deposit over a 100 cedis you get free airtime and stand the chance into the draw,” he stated.
Isaac Otchere took home GHc1000, Kanso Bawah Ali – GHc1000 and Enoch Kwofie – GHc2000.
The Ecobank Express Account is a self-service, real-time, online digital account or wallet that is easily operated on the mobile phone. With a registered SIM, one can download the Ecobank Mobile App, open an Ecobank Xpress Account instantly and start transacting.
“Currently, you can withdraw or deposit money into your Xpress account from any of the over 1,500 designated Ecobank Xpress Point locations around the country. You can also send and receive money to and from any bank account or mobile money wallet in Ghana as well as send and receive money across the 34 countries we operate within Africa,” Managing Director of Ecobank, Dan Sackey had stated.
The launch is a mass drive aimed at encouraging customers and the public to use the Ecobank Xpress Account for payments in place of cash transactions. Non-customers are encouraged to open the Ecobank Xpress Account instantly, fund it and use it for transactions for cash prizes.
Xpress Point an Agency banking agreement between Ecobank Ghana and Vivo Energy Ghana Limited (Parent Company of Shell Ghana) provides customers with banking services such as deposits and withdrawals, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts to customers across Africa.
Xpress point will provide banking services such as withdrawals, deposits, sending and receiving money from other Ecobank accounts across Africa.
It will also offer services under some international cards such as Visa and MasterCard.
For starters, the service will be available at 17 selected Shell outlets. These selected service centres will be in Accra, Tema, Kasoa, Kumasi, Mankesim, Koforidua, Peduase, Akatsi and Aflao.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018