International business conglomerate, Groupe Ndoum is expected to put entrepreneurship in the spotlight in 2018 with a reality show ‘The Deal’.
The TV show is aimed at turning Ghanaian youth into entrepreneurs by providing them with invaluable business skills.
Groupe Nduom’s Vice President in-charge of Business Development and Finance, Dr Nana Kweku Ndoum said the organisation wants to use the show to change employers’ perception about Ghanaian graduates.
“Employers are not happy with who they see come out of the universities and the dialogue is ‘how to get the youth prepared to meet the challenges for the future,” he recounted the reason behind ‘The Deal’ to Gifty Andoh Appiah on The Pulse on JOYNEWS on MultiTV Tuesday.
The Deal reality show will be the first entrepreneurial TV series in a country that has many shows dedicated to unearthing many talents and resourcing them.
The TV show will have at least 10 contestants who will all enter the same house located at Trassaco in Accra, for several weeks.
During every episode there will be business tasks given the contestants and based on their performance, the judges will determine the winning team and the losing team.
The contestants will also have the opportunity to meet the directors and board members of Groupe Ndoum, Myjoyonline.com has learnt.
Dr Kweku Ndoum said at the end of the show, the contestants are all going to be “well-equipped to work and they will be picking up skills.”
The winner of the TV show will receive a cash prize of GHS25,000, a new panda fiat, 2 laptops, an office space and months of mentoring.
The first and second runners-up will also receive some consolation prizes but all the contestants will gain skills on how to start a business, Dr Ndoum said.
Audition for places in "The Deal" has begun.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018
- G4S will continue to innovate, evolve — MD
- FBNBank draws down curtain on 2018 ‘Save and Win’ promo
- Shell customers meet management, get more than expected
- RwandAir seeks approval to run Accra-New York route