Wryze Blockchain Solutions Ltd, a Ghana-based blockchain company is set to hold its second blockchain masterclass in Accra, Johannesburg, Nairobi, Conakry and Cairo.
The major currencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and others.
A blockchain is a digitised, decentralised, public ledger of all cryptocurrency, transactions.
Constantly growing as ‘completed’ blocks -- the most recent transactions -- are recorded and added to it in chronological order, and this allows market participants to keep track of digital currency transactions without central recordkeeping.
Each node -- a computer connected to the network -- gets a copy of the blockchain, which is downloaded automatically.
Speaking on the objectives of the masterclass, a Senior Consultant at Wryze Blockchain Solutions Ltd, Kwabena Okyire-Appianing said: “The masterclass is meant for those who have never heard of Blockchain/Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies or heard about it, tried it and still find it hard to understand. Our platform at the very least offers an understanding of how they work and why it has the potential to be money/gold 2.0”.
Photo: Kwabena Okyire Appianing
He added that the next masterclass, to be held January 27 at Mobile Web Ghana in Accra, will discuss ways to start a career in Blockchain, and an overview of major cryptocurrencies.
The Senior Consultant added that the blockchain classes lined-up for Johannesburg, Nairobi, Conakry and Cairo will happen before 2018 ends.
The masterclass will answer the following questions:
What is Bitcoin?
How does it work?
Why is it interesting?
What is the blockchain?
What are the major cryptocurrencies and how are they different?
Why is there Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash?
How is Bitcoin going to scale to 7 billion people?
What are new features coming out and why are they important?
What are decentralized applications?
How can I leverage on ICOs to raise funding for my business?
The blockchain, conceived in 2008, was the final piece needed to make a digital decentralised currency workable.
Bitcoin was the first functional decentralised digital currency and the most widely known blockchain technology today. Bitcoin has since garnered publicity for its meteoric rise in valuation and its potential to redefine money.
The first edition held last year saw participants excited about the knowledge of blockchain and more importantly on how they can invest in cryptocurrencies to make more money.
Individuals interested in attending the masterclass can register at https://goo.gl/forms/buc98yQ75aYwj7r32 or email email@example.com.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Cedi depreciation: Too late for political jabs - Information Minister tells Minority
- COCOBOD signs $300m loan to refinance bills, finance programs
- Google regrets cedi-dollar exchange rate glitch - Finance Ministry
- Women farmers urged to explore other sources of income
- Go beyond just recapitalizing insurance sector – Robert Dzato to NIC
- Ghana to end tomato imports, cut rice imports by 50% in 2019
- Suzuki, Toyota and CFAO announce joint venture to produce cars in Ghana
- NPA to commence regulation of bitumen
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services