The Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of Ghana is expected to announce a new policy rate today.
This was after it met last week to review the health of the economy.
The committee at its last meeting reduced the rate by 100 basis points to 20 percent, the lowest since September 2014.
Today’s announcement will be the first for this year and it is expected to affect interest rates charged by banks on their loans given to customers.
Ahead of this announcement, some analysts are predicting the committee would hold the rate at 20 percent.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- VP Bawumia attends UK-Ghana Business Council meeting
- Gov't hints of tax exemptions adjustment
- 5 defendants demand documents from uniBank’s Receiver
- Standard Chartered launches full Digital Bank on mobile
- Cedi falls to record low as foreign investors shun Ghana bonds
- Zimbabwe launches new, discounted currency as banks reopen
- MTN Group appoints Oyebowale Akideinde Head OTT Music Services
- Key Soap rewards loyal consumers at Promo Baako Pe 2018 grand finale
- Nigeria hits oil majors with billions in back taxes
- South Africa's Eskom bailout could reach $10.79 billion
- Financial Stability Advisory Council a step in the right direction - Banking consultant
- VIDEO: SONA 2019 - What President Akufo-Addo said on the economy
- Allow us to advertise – Medical directors urge regulator
- Anglogold Ashanti supports small scale industries with maiden trade show in Obuasi
- New Suzuki Ciaz, Suzuki Vitara models unveiled