MultiChoice Ghana has directly contributed over $23million towards Ghana’s GDP in the last three, this is according to the Board Chairman Richard Darko.
He said, “this is in addition to significant investments toward positive progression in our social environment including the provision of Resource Centre in 88 Senior Secondary Schools, major sponsorship support for the Spelling Bee Competition…”
Mr Darko was speaking in a ceremony to commission MultiChoice’s new ultra-modern head office in Accra. He said the company has contributed immensely to the growth of Ghana’s creative industry.
“MultiChoice Africa, with the launch of Africa Magic in 2015 has invested over $2.1 million in the creative industry and worked with over 50 content owners in Ghana. In the past five years, we have also invested over $3 million in local sports broadcasting mainly in soccer, boxing and athletics.”
He said, “MultiChoice and Gotv Ghana Limited, will continue to support Ghana’s efforts to achieve greater heights with our contributions to economic growth – through video entertainment services and production, through tax revenue growth and through enhanced job creation and various sectors.”
“Our mission is to deliver value to our customers by making world-class entertainment more accessible with the right content mix delivered it to millions of people across Ghana anytime, anywhere,” he said.
Speaking at the event, the Deputy Minister of Communication, George Andah said the Ministry "will continue to work closely with all the industry players to put in place the necessary framework for smooth migration onto the digital platform. We believe this platform will create job opportunities in the broadcast industry."
He commended MultiChoice for its invaluable contribution to the setting of high broadcast standards and projecting Ghana's rich culture to the wider African audience.
"Having operated in Ghana for over 24 years plus, we believe this move into this new first-class facility will come with an improved customer service, deeper customer satisfaction and more pleasurable customer experience," Mr. Andah said.
The ultramodern office complex is designed to provide ultimate customer experience as it features various offices to make business transactions more convenient.
Today the Dstv platform carries and maintains the uplink of 10 premium Ghanaian channels of which 2 are across Africa, with an investment of over $1 million. These are GTV, TV3, UTV, GhOne, Metro TV, Joy News, Adom TV, Joy Prime, TV Africa, and the 100% Ghana music TV station, Fiesta GH.
GOtv business launched in January 2013, was the first Digital Terrestrial Version 2 television service in Ghana. Established with 12 sites in 9 cities in 7 regions, has in the last four years progressed form a challenging beginning due to last power crisis into good growth I 2017.
GOtv has brought afforsable world class digital terrestrial television to thousands of homes across Ghana and will continue to do so based on based on a successful digital migration process in our country. GOtv decoders have been certified by tha National Communications Authority to hgave their minimum requirement for digital migration thus suited also for the future and customers would not require new decoders.
According to MultiChoice, the improved power situation in Ghana and relative stability of the cedi to the foreign currencies, have made it possible for the remodeling of its business across all products to the delight of their customers.
This remodeling consist of an enhanced content for lower packages and downward price reviews of subscirptions and decoders supported with an expanded distribution network nationwide.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Over 1,000 CBG staff storm Accra streets with ‘unique products’
- Barclays Ghana to intensify finance to businesses as it transitions to Absa
- African nations join majority in opposing U.S. blockage at WTO
- Executive Vice President of Golden Star Resources Daniel Owiredu re-assigned
- GPHA management behind serialised protests against MPS deal?
- Trade restrictions close to record levels - WTO
- Esoko to offer data collection software, deployment solution to Liberia
- Kenya signs milestone crude processing deal with oil firms
- We’re not in the business of buying banks – Enterprise Group CEO
- We can’t sit and watch Nigerian retailers break our laws - GUTA
- ADB gives GHȼ100m to support agro-inputs access under PFJ
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year
- BoG to announce new capital requirement for MoMo operators