If you’ve ever taken a loan from a bank or any financial institution, then you know that paying back is not always easy.
Thankfully, from a high of 30.8 percent in 2017, interest rates are gradually coming down. Latest figures from the Bank of Ghana show the rate as of June 2018 was 27.5 percent.
Below is an infographic detailing the trend of interest rates since 2017.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Jubile House to be powered by Solar energy from August
- Tax exemption policy growing menace to fiscal stability, revenue generation – Akufo-Addo
- Africa needs to implement continental strategy on technology – Fidelity MD
- Oil hovers near 2019 highs amid OPEC cuts
- Tullow Ghana deepens its local content agenda through maiden mentorship program
- Pressure on cedi backed by real demand by businesses – ACI
- GCIC entrepreneurs generate over $1 million in revenue
- Silver Star Auto unveils Mercedes-Benz ambulances in Ghana
- Local steel industry touted as backbone of Ghanaian economy
- Banking sector reforms: Fiscal and macroeconomic costs - 2
- Ghana drops five points on latest Consumer Confidence Index
- SME's exposed to cyber security threat – Expert warns
- UMB to support importers, exporters take advantage of int’l market
- IT Consortium becomes first FinTech in Ghana to be ISO 27001:2013 certified
- Chinese hackers are ramping up attacks on US companies