The Head of Reinsurance of GLICO General Insurance Co. Ltd. (GLICO General), Mrs. Angela Asante has been appointed as Head of National Sales.
Mrs. Asante's appointment is in line with the ambition GLICO General's new Managing Director, Andrew Achampong-Kyei, to take the company to higher heights in the non-life sector ranking.
Mrs. Angela Asante joined GLICO General in 2011 having worked with Santander Bank PLC, United Kingdom as a Retail Banker for close to three (3) years. She has extensive work experience in the insurance industry and has progressively attained different roles at GLICO General. Hitherto becoming the Head of Reinsurance, a position she held for foru (4) years, Mrs. Asante was the Head of the Retail Workgroup department at GLICO General and was responsible for individual business lines and customer service delivery.
She is a Chartered Insurer and an Associate member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, United Kingdom. She holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the Northampton University, United Kingdom and a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Ghana, Legon.
Currently, Mrs. Asante is the General Secretary of the Chartered Insurers Ladies Association of Ghana (CILAG) and a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (CIIG).
Mrs. Angela Asante has actively participated and benefited from several Insurance training courses with reputable institutions such as Munich Re, African Re, Continental Re, Ghana Re, Ghana Insurance Association (GIA), African Insurance Organisation (AIO), among others.
The newly appointed Head of National Sales brings on board a wealth of practical experience in technical underwriting, customer relations and reinsurance, to coordinate and promote sales of GLICO GENERAL’s products and services to achieve GLICO’s, “ a brand of choice” vision in Ghana and beyond.
GLICO General is a member of GLICO Group and provides innovative and quality non-life insurance products and services for the insurable Ghanaian people. In the last decade, the company has shot up to become the sixth industry player and it is ambitiously striving harder to move up the general insurance sector ranking.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018
- GOIL to invest about $25m in ExxonMobil deal in 5yrs
- Managing Director of GOIL Patrick Akorli to retire in November
- Trade Fair Company defies court order to demolish structures of tenants
- Finance Ministry releases about ¢1bn for microfinance, rural bank cleanup
- UK gov't continues to support cause of West Africa’s Agro-Industry
- Kweku Awotwi promoted to Executive Vice President of Tullow Oil plc
- ABL trains retailers on responsible drinking
- Gov't committed to supporting 'profitable' coffee sector - Deputy Minister
- Ghana seeks investors to mine bauxite to fund infrastructure
- Kasapreko wins ‘Outstanding Alcoholic Beverage Company’ at WABEA
- Monetary Policy Meeting underway: What you need to know
- Nigeria to join Africa Free Trade Zone – Trade Minister