Managing Director of Barclays Bank Ghana, Patience Akyianu has resigned from the bank but she is expected to continue until 30 September, 2018.
The search for Mrs Akyianu’s successor is currently underway, according to a statement from Barclays Bank Ghana.
As Managing Director, Mrs Akyianu has built a high performing and diverse leadership team which has led to Barclays Bank Ghana being the most profitable bank. Her passion for excellent customer service has translated into greater customer and innovation focus across the bank.
In addition, the marked progress seen on her watch has led to employee engagement being at its highest in recent years.
Mrs Patience Akyianu said, “It’s been an amazing journey, spending more than half of my years in banking with this highly talented and motivated team. It is a team that is more than capable of delivering the bold new strategy that will build the bank that Africa will indeed be proud of.”
The Barclays Africa Group leadership and the Board of Barclays Bank Ghana expressed their appreciation to Mrs Akyianu for her leadership and immense contribution to the remarkable performance of the bank during her 10 year tenor with the bank.
Board Chairman of Barclays Bank Ghana, Charles Cofie, “Her contribution to our business has been outstanding and although she will not be here to oversee our new strategy, she has been an instrumental part of its development.
We have a clear transition plan in place and a strong management team supported by the Board and great employees capable of delivering the exciting Pan African Bank that Ghana and the entire continent will all be proud of,” he said.
Mr Cofie added: “We have a bold new Africa Strategy which prioritises growth, innovation, digital leadership, being a force for good in society while strongly focusing on our customers. We remain committed to delivering this strategy to help bring the possibilities of our customers, clients, stakeholders and communities to life.”
Mrs Akyianu joined Barclays Bank Ghana in 2008 as Finance Director and was appointed Managing Director in 2013.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana could cut interest rates by March - Dr Ernest Addison
- ADB seeks shareholders’ approval to raise GHS450m to recapitalise
- Black Star Energy motivated to produce cheaper sustainable power - CEO
- Recapitalization: CAL Bank seeks approval to move GHc50m from income surplus
- Guinness Ghana to increase raw material sourcing to 70% by 2020
- Air France to name its first female chief executive officer
- Inflation for November drops to 9.3%
- First National Bank to meet BoG's minimum capital requirement
- IMF's Managing Director visits Ghana Dec.16
- Ghana signs Air Service Agreements with Canada, Jamaica, Guyana
- Airline profits set to grow in 2019
- China to 'cut US car tariff to 15%'
- NIC task force swoops commercial buildings without insurance; arrests 6
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”