Managing Director of Barclays Bank Ghana, Patience Akyianu has resigned from the bank but she is expected to continue until 30 September, 2018.
The search for Mrs Akyianu’s successor is currently underway, according to a statement from Barclays Bank Ghana.
As Managing Director, Mrs Akyianu has built a high performing and diverse leadership team which has led to Barclays Bank Ghana being the most profitable bank. Her passion for excellent customer service has translated into greater customer and innovation focus across the bank.
In addition, the marked progress seen on her watch has led to employee engagement being at its highest in recent years.
Mrs Patience Akyianu said, “It’s been an amazing journey, spending more than half of my years in banking with this highly talented and motivated team. It is a team that is more than capable of delivering the bold new strategy that will build the bank that Africa will indeed be proud of.”
The Barclays Africa Group leadership and the Board of Barclays Bank Ghana expressed their appreciation to Mrs Akyianu for her leadership and immense contribution to the remarkable performance of the bank during her 10 year tenor with the bank.
Board Chairman of Barclays Bank Ghana, Charles Cofie, “Her contribution to our business has been outstanding and although she will not be here to oversee our new strategy, she has been an instrumental part of its development.
We have a clear transition plan in place and a strong management team supported by the Board and great employees capable of delivering the exciting Pan African Bank that Ghana and the entire continent will all be proud of,” he said.
Mr Cofie added: “We have a bold new Africa Strategy which prioritises growth, innovation, digital leadership, being a force for good in society while strongly focusing on our customers. We remain committed to delivering this strategy to help bring the possibilities of our customers, clients, stakeholders and communities to life.”
Mrs Akyianu joined Barclays Bank Ghana in 2008 as Finance Director and was appointed Managing Director in 2013.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Cedi depreciation: Too late for political jabs - Information Minister tells Minority
- COCOBOD signs $300m loan to refinance bills, finance programs
- Google regrets cedi-dollar exchange rate glitch - Finance Ministry
- Women farmers urged to explore other sources of income
- Go beyond just recapitalizing insurance sector – Robert Dzato to NIC
- Ghana to end tomato imports, cut rice imports by 50% in 2019
- Suzuki, Toyota and CFAO announce joint venture to produce cars in Ghana
- NPA to commence regulation of bitumen
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services