MTN Ghana has been adjudged the number one company of the year 2017 at the 17th Ghana Club 100 awards organized by Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC).
At the same event, MTN Ghana was recognized as the Highest Tax Payer of the Year 2017 and Largest Company in Ghana.
Receiving the three awards, the Corporate Services Executive of MTN Ghana, Samuel Koranteng said, “This award is a testament to our forthright commitment to deliver a distinct customer experience.
“It also demonstrates the strength of our business model and innovative strategies, as well our quest to contribute our quota towards the country’s economic development agenda.”
Commenting on the Club 100 awards, the CEO of MTN Ghana Selorm Adadevoh said “receiving these awards is remarkable; it speaks volumes about the company and the trust bestowed upon us.
The recognition by the GC 100 team challenges us to do more, as the adage goes, to who much is given, much is expected and we as a business we are focused on leading in the delivery of a bold new digital world to Ghanaians.”
Delivering the keynote address on behalf of the President Akufo Addo, the Deputy Finance Minister, Kwaku Kwarteng said, “Our government is keen on developing the Ghanaian economy through the private sector, hence the introduction of initiatives to support the growth of industries and creating a friendly business environment.”
Over the past two decades, MTN Ghana has grown to be the market leader in Ghana’s telecommunication and ICT sector. This year alone, the company earmarked more than $144 million for Network and ICT solutions translating into, additional cell sites, an extension of fibre infrastructure and delivering of 4G technology to many more communities amongst others.
This year, MTN Ghana has won over 40 awards in recognition of its investment and commitment to enhancing the customer experience.
Key among these is the African Brand of the Year Award, MTN Ghana’s induction into the GITTA Hall of Fame and many of its Executives have been recognized for their immense contributions to the industry.
The Ghana Club 100 is an annual compilation of the top 100 companies in Ghana to give due recognition to successful enterprise building. The GC 100 is an initiative of the GIPC.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Tullow Oil plans $250m investment in Ghana operations
- GCNet deploys upgraded Cargo Manifest to deepen port reforms
- Debt stock goes up ¢22bn in 4 months
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade