The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank, Dr. John Kofi Mensah, has been awarded the Business Growth Achievements award at the 2nd Ghana SMEs and Young CEOs Summit in Accra.
The award was given by the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra for his contribution to the growth of the financial sector in the country especially the Agricultural Development Bank.
With over Twenty Five years’ experience in Banking, he has held senior management positions in many Banks and contributed significantly to the growth of the Banking industry in Ghana.
At ADB through his exemplary leadership, the Bank at the end of the 2017 Financial Year posted a profit before tax in excess of forty-seven million Ghana Cedis (GH₵47,339.000.00) after two conservative years of losses from 2015.
The Bank has also recorded a decline in its Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and witnessed a steady rise in confidence of the ADB Brand under his leadership. He has introduced new and proactive strategies in financing agriculture.
In a brief remark, Dr. Mensah thanked the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited for the recognition and dedicated the award to all who have helped in his career endeavour.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
He urged Bankers to exhibit high professional and ethical standards and continue to build trust between banks and their customers. He further proposed for institutionalizing rewards for such standards.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Airline profits set to grow in 2019
- China to 'cut US car tariff to 15%'
- NIC task force swoops commercial buildings without insurance; arrests 6
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap