The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank, Dr. John Kofi Mensah, has been awarded the Business Growth Achievements award at the 2nd Ghana SMEs and Young CEOs Summit in Accra.
The award was given by the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra for his contribution to the growth of the financial sector in the country especially the Agricultural Development Bank.
With over Twenty Five years’ experience in Banking, he has held senior management positions in many Banks and contributed significantly to the growth of the Banking industry in Ghana.
At ADB through his exemplary leadership, the Bank at the end of the 2017 Financial Year posted a profit before tax in excess of forty-seven million Ghana Cedis (GH₵47,339.000.00) after two conservative years of losses from 2015.
The Bank has also recorded a decline in its Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and witnessed a steady rise in confidence of the ADB Brand under his leadership. He has introduced new and proactive strategies in financing agriculture.
In a brief remark, Dr. Mensah thanked the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited for the recognition and dedicated the award to all who have helped in his career endeavour.
He urged Bankers to exhibit high professional and ethical standards and continue to build trust between banks and their customers. He further proposed for institutionalizing rewards for such standards.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March