The Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank, Dr. John Kofi Mensah, has been awarded the Business Growth Achievements award at the 2nd Ghana SMEs and Young CEOs Summit in Accra.
The award was given by the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra for his contribution to the growth of the financial sector in the country especially the Agricultural Development Bank.
With over Twenty Five years’ experience in Banking, he has held senior management positions in many Banks and contributed significantly to the growth of the Banking industry in Ghana.
At ADB through his exemplary leadership, the Bank at the end of the 2017 Financial Year posted a profit before tax in excess of forty-seven million Ghana Cedis (GH₵47,339.000.00) after two conservative years of losses from 2015.
The Bank has also recorded a decline in its Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and witnessed a steady rise in confidence of the ADB Brand under his leadership. He has introduced new and proactive strategies in financing agriculture.
In a brief remark, Dr. Mensah thanked the Chief Executives Network Ghana Limited for the recognition and dedicated the award to all who have helped in his career endeavour.
He urged Bankers to exhibit high professional and ethical standards and continue to build trust between banks and their customers. He further proposed for institutionalizing rewards for such standards.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Tullow Oil plans $250m investment in Ghana operations
- GCNet deploys upgraded Cargo Manifest to deepen port reforms
- Debt stock goes up ¢22bn in 4 months
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade