Japan Motors Trading Company Limited (JMTC) has handed over a Yamaha Outboard Motor, five units Yamaha Generators and a Yamaha all-terrain vehicle to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) towards the celebration of this year’s National Farmers Day.
Mr Abdul-Somad Alhassan Musah, Assistant MD of Japan Motors accompanied by Mrs Harriet Esi Mensah, Marketing Manager, were present at both the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development and the Ministry of Agriculture to hand over the donation to the National Farmers Day Organizing Committee.
Speaking to the media after the donation, Mr Abdul-Somad Alhassan Musah noted that Japan Motors recognises the importance of farming and this has informed its decision to invest in best Agricultural practice with the supply of quality equipment and vehicles including four-wheel drive Pickups, Cross Country vehicles, Robust Yamaha motorcycles to help farmers increase production.
“We are here today to support the 34th farmers Day celebration because as a true citizen that sees the essence of Agriculture, we endorse any effort Government makes to motivate farmers. A reason we have consistently supported the farmers day celebration since its introduction,” he said.
He said the automobile dealer is committed to supporting the agricultural sector with the introduction of useful products to drive the cause.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Mrs Harriet Esi Mensah, Marketing Manager-JMTC, observed Agricultural growth as a major driver of poverty reduction, employment generation and the surest commitment to ensuring food security as such JMTC will channel more of its marketing strategies towards introducing its quality equipment and vehicles to farmers to engage in large production to boost returns.
Receiving the Japan Motors donation at MOFA, Mr Kenedy Osei Nyarko, Dep. Minister of Agric in charge of perennial crops commended Japan Motors and various companies who have come forth with items to support the celebration.
He assured on behalf of the National Farmers Day Organising Committee to hand over whatever has been received to farmers who will be selected from both the Regional level and National level to drive the cause of motivating farmers in the country to produce more.
The Farmer’s Day, which would be celebrated on the theme: “Agriculture: Moving Ghana Beyond Aid”, will be held at Tamale, at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium.
The event is expected to attract stakeholders in the agriculture and fisheries sectors across the country and honour those whose achievements have been exceptional in the year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018