Japan Motors Trading Company Limited (JMTC) has handed over a Yamaha Outboard Motor, five units Yamaha Generators and a Yamaha all-terrain vehicle to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) towards the celebration of this year’s National Farmers Day.
Mr Abdul-Somad Alhassan Musah, Assistant MD of Japan Motors accompanied by Mrs Harriet Esi Mensah, Marketing Manager, were present at both the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development and the Ministry of Agriculture to hand over the donation to the National Farmers Day Organizing Committee.
Speaking to the media after the donation, Mr Abdul-Somad Alhassan Musah noted that Japan Motors recognises the importance of farming and this has informed its decision to invest in best Agricultural practice with the supply of quality equipment and vehicles including four-wheel drive Pickups, Cross Country vehicles, Robust Yamaha motorcycles to help farmers increase production.
“We are here today to support the 34th farmers Day celebration because as a true citizen that sees the essence of Agriculture, we endorse any effort Government makes to motivate farmers. A reason we have consistently supported the farmers day celebration since its introduction,” he said.
He said the automobile dealer is committed to supporting the agricultural sector with the introduction of useful products to drive the cause.
Mrs Harriet Esi Mensah, Marketing Manager-JMTC, observed Agricultural growth as a major driver of poverty reduction, employment generation and the surest commitment to ensuring food security as such JMTC will channel more of its marketing strategies towards introducing its quality equipment and vehicles to farmers to engage in large production to boost returns.
Receiving the Japan Motors donation at MOFA, Mr Kenedy Osei Nyarko, Dep. Minister of Agric in charge of perennial crops commended Japan Motors and various companies who have come forth with items to support the celebration.
He assured on behalf of the National Farmers Day Organising Committee to hand over whatever has been received to farmers who will be selected from both the Regional level and National level to drive the cause of motivating farmers in the country to produce more.
The Farmer’s Day, which would be celebrated on the theme: “Agriculture: Moving Ghana Beyond Aid”, will be held at Tamale, at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium.
The event is expected to attract stakeholders in the agriculture and fisheries sectors across the country and honour those whose achievements have been exceptional in the year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020
- Unilever Ghana records 296% increase in profits for 2018
- Senegal imports turbines for West Africa's first big wind farm project
- Six oil exploration blocks up for grabs in Voltaian basin
- Stakeholders urge GNPC to be more transparent with crude oil trade
- 200 Muslim households benefit from Karpowership Ramadan donation
- Three Ghanaians complete Inlaks Graduate Development Programme in Lagos
- GOIL grows profits by 26% in 2018