Appointed Time Screen Printing company and Zoomlion Ghana Limited were among the prestigious businesses honored at the maiden Ghana Business Awards held at the plush Kempiski Gold Coast Hotel.
Appointed Time Screen Printing company received the Printing Company of the Year Award, while Zoomlion Ghana Limited was named the Sanitation Company of the Year.
In all, there were 66 awards covering various industries as well as some recognition awards with over 300 nominees. Seven companies of the Jospong Group including the Group company and its executives were nominated in their various areas of operation.
Mr. Ebenezar Twum-Asante of MTN Ghana was adjudged the Chief Executive Officer of the year and Dr Kwabena Adjei of Kasapreko Group of Companies won the Entrepreneur of the Year 2018.
The Minister for Business Development, Ibrahim Awal, who was the special guest at the event tasked local businesses to pursue excellence to enable them beat global competitions.
“Businesses in Ghana have the capacity to compete globally and government has created the enabling environment for you to strive. I urge you to remain steadfast, adhere to standards and you can beat global competition anywhere” he stated.
Mr. Awal Mohammed assured businesses that government is committed to removing all barriers to the growth of businesses in Ghana because the private sector holds the success of the economy.
He added that his Ministry is committed to supporting businesses to become bigger and stronger to ensure that they contribute significantly to the economy.
Ghana Business Awards
The Ghana Business Awards recognises and rewards excellence across all sectors in Ghana. It also provides a platform to recognise individuals and companies that play significant role in the growth and development of their industries.
The objective of the award is to reward businesses that have played a defining role in moving their industry forward and have demonstrated achievement across a wide variety of domains including sustainability, operational excellence, innovation among others.
The award also recognises projects and individual achievements that have enabled their businesses to set themselves apart from their competitors and have produced a compelling value and relevant results.
Other award winners on the night include MTN Ghana, Ecobank, Tobinco Pharmaceutical, Odotobiri Rural Bank, SIC Life Insurance, Royal Crown Packaging Limited, Electricity Company of Ghana, Sunshine Healthcare Limited and the Ghana Shippers authority.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year