Appointed Time Screen Printing company and Zoomlion Ghana Limited were among the prestigious businesses honored at the maiden Ghana Business Awards held at the plush Kempiski Gold Coast Hotel.
Appointed Time Screen Printing company received the Printing Company of the Year Award, while Zoomlion Ghana Limited was named the Sanitation Company of the Year.
In all, there were 66 awards covering various industries as well as some recognition awards with over 300 nominees. Seven companies of the Jospong Group including the Group company and its executives were nominated in their various areas of operation.
Mr. Ebenezar Twum-Asante of MTN Ghana was adjudged the Chief Executive Officer of the year and Dr Kwabena Adjei of Kasapreko Group of Companies won the Entrepreneur of the Year 2018.
The Minister for Business Development, Ibrahim Awal, who was the special guest at the event tasked local businesses to pursue excellence to enable them beat global competitions.
“Businesses in Ghana have the capacity to compete globally and government has created the enabling environment for you to strive. I urge you to remain steadfast, adhere to standards and you can beat global competition anywhere” he stated.
Mr. Awal Mohammed assured businesses that government is committed to removing all barriers to the growth of businesses in Ghana because the private sector holds the success of the economy.
He added that his Ministry is committed to supporting businesses to become bigger and stronger to ensure that they contribute significantly to the economy.
Ghana Business Awards
The Ghana Business Awards recognises and rewards excellence across all sectors in Ghana. It also provides a platform to recognise individuals and companies that play significant role in the growth and development of their industries.
The objective of the award is to reward businesses that have played a defining role in moving their industry forward and have demonstrated achievement across a wide variety of domains including sustainability, operational excellence, innovation among others.
The award also recognises projects and individual achievements that have enabled their businesses to set themselves apart from their competitors and have produced a compelling value and relevant results.
Other award winners on the night include MTN Ghana, Ecobank, Tobinco Pharmaceutical, Odotobiri Rural Bank, SIC Life Insurance, Royal Crown Packaging Limited, Electricity Company of Ghana, Sunshine Healthcare Limited and the Ghana Shippers authority.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions
- Climate Week: Place agro-ecology at centre of climate action in Africa -- CSOs demand
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana
- Parliament passes Payment Systems and Services bill