Mantrac Ghana Limited, the authorised dealer of Caterpillar products and services in Ghana, recently graduated the third batch of students from its Caterpillar’s Technicians for Africa Project – Ghana Edition.
The Technicians for Africa Project is a free online program for Africans seeking a new and exciting career as service technicians.
It is fully sponsored by Caterpillar, the global leader in construction and mining equipment in collaboration with its dealers like Mantrac Ghana across Africa.
In Ghana, the program was launched in November 2016 and currently has 171 Certified graduates ready to begin an exciting journey as Service Technicians. The biggest number in Africa after Mozambique.
A section of the graduands
The program takes 3-6 months to achieve Foundational Certification and begin an exciting journey towards a possible career as a well-paid and highly valued service technician in the automotive, trucking or heavy equipment industry.
It’s an opportunity for Technicians who wish to work with Mantrac Ghana to go through this process making them possible choice once there are vacancies.
Steven Scott, Managing Director of Mantrac Ghana said it is a great opportunity for the young graduates to be selected for work once they graduate.
“Since the Caterpillar dealership in Ghana was formed in 1937 we continue to upgrade the skills of our technical staff to meet the requirements of the dynamic construction industry. We are proud to say we currently have some of the Graduates from the program working with us,” he said.
Steven Scott, Managing Director of Mantrac Ghana
Daniel A. Pabby, Head of Marketing and Strategic Planning indicated that anyone who aspires to be a service technician can gain vital knowledge from this free of charge training.
“This training can give you a fulfilling career with Mantrac Ghana Limited and other Caterpillar dealer organisations across the world.”
He believes this is one of the many ways through which Mantrac Ghana is boosting the skills of Ghanaians in the construction and mining industry.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector