Energy Minister John Peter Amewu has launched Ghana's hotly anticipated international licensing round for oil blocks in the Western Basin.
The launch which took place at the Africa Oil Week in Cape Town, South Africa saw massive turnout from potential investors.
Blocks 2, 3 and 4 are open for bidding and deepwater blocks 5 and 6 are to be allocated through direct negotiations.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed
- World's 'most excellent' airlines for 2019 revealed