Energy Minister John Peter Amewu has launched Ghana's hotly anticipated international licensing round for oil blocks in the Western Basin.
The launch which took place at the Africa Oil Week in Cape Town, South Africa saw massive turnout from potential investors.
Blocks 2, 3 and 4 are open for bidding and deepwater blocks 5 and 6 are to be allocated through direct negotiations.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year