Huawei overtook Apple again in the third quarter of 2018 and remains the world's second largest smartphone vendor for two consecutive quarters, according to leading analyst firms such as IDC, IHS Markit, and Counterpoint,
While its market share was down slightly from last quarter's 15.9%, Huawei still shipped 52million handsets and grabbed 14.6% global market share.
From a product perspective, its P-series and Mate-series are keeping it as competitive as ever. And Honor, which focuses on young consumers through online channels, has continued to sell well in many markets.
IDC says smartphone vendors shipped 355.2 million units in Q3, down by 6.0% YoY, leading to a fourth-quarter loss. This casts doubt on the smartphone market.
China represents roughly one third of smartphoneof the global marketshare. It has, however, experienced decline since Q22017, and Q3 2018 isthe sixth quarter where the Chinese smartphone market has seen contraction.
However, Huawei is gaining momentumdue to growth in its local and global shipments.
Huawei’s success can be attributed to its persistent efforts in R&D and customer experience.
Richard Yu once said, "Huawei CBG starts from and ends with end users". To satisfy and delight customers has always been the "one thing" Huawei-ers do every day.But there is no shortcut to good customer experience.
The only way forward is to deliver better products and services, and show customers how much Huawei cares about them, and how closely Huawei listens to their voices. This is one example of what "customer-centricity" means to the company.
Thanks to these efforts, now Huawei is a brand the world loves. More people are switching to (and even sticking to) Huawei smartphones.
Everything Huawei does is about improving customer experience.
Innovation never stops at Huawei.Innovation for inspiring customer experience – that is Huawei's secret ingredient to market success.
HUAWEI Y9 2019 features a stylish look with a sleek silhouette and refined aesthetics. Its unique glossy appearance is timeless and youthful, and its latest technology trends offer users state of the art gaming, audio-visual and entertainment experiences.
The Huawei Y9 2019 which was launched in Accra, Ghana on November 8, 2018, is available in three color options — Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue and Aurora Purple.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Fuel prices at pumps projected to drop – IES
- We are ready for our factory -- La Mantse tells gov’t
- Review of 35% income tax was “great sacrifice” – Ofori-Atta
- TUC happy with review of 35% personal income tax
- Barclays partners Invest In Africa to increase credit facilities for SMEs
- GOIL reduces petrol, diesel prices beginning Friday
- Vodafone excites Broadband Customers with Christmas promo
- GT Bank meets BoG minimum capital requirement
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support young entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit