First National Bank Ghana has appointed Mark Yeboah Achiampong as Head of Commercial and Business Banking.
Mark Achiampong has a rich and diversified banking background through a career spanning over 15 years and has extensive experience in product and segmentation development, credit risk, SME and commercial and retail banking.
Prior to his new appointment, Mr Achiampong was the General Manager - Retail Banking at the Heritage Bank Limited where he led the development and roll out the banks’ customer proposition for the personal and SME segment.
Mr Achiampong holds a Bachelor of Business degree in Marketing from Nanyang Technology University in Singapore.
“This is indeed a great addition to our leadership team and we are delighted that Mark accepted the challenge of leading our Commercial and Business banking unit. As a new and rapidly growing bank we believe his unique skills, understanding of the market and his experience will help us to unlock new opportunities in the business banking space” Richard Hudson, Chief Executive of First National Bank Ghana, says.
“Mark is expected to help enhance our commercial and business banking capability and make it attractive to businesses in Ghana. Ultimately, our customers will benefit immensely from this move.”
“This new appointment comes as a challenge to me and I am excited about joining one of the biggest banking brands on the continent,” Mark Achiampong added.
“We are positioning ourselves to be very attractive to businesses. I have a very solid team and we will develop new business portfolios to add to the existing ones and make sure First National Bank becomes the pacesetter when it comes to business banking” he said.
Mr Achiampong has had stints at Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, UT Bank and Heritage Bank. At Stanbic Bank, his core focus was on Commercial Banking, where he significantly grew the commercial banking portfolio and developed new market propositions.
He worked with the Standard Chartered Bank for almost a decade where he spent a significant period in the SME banking Unit.
Mark is a POJOBA and a huge Arsenal fan.
First National Bank was recently crowned the emerging brand of the year 2017 by the Chartered Institutes of Marketing Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Lawrence Agyinsem elected president of Global Network of Export-Import banks
- Impact Investing Ghana launches to catalyze investment for development
- Gov't to deploy 55 mini-grids to communities next year
- BoG to announce new capital requirement for MoMo operators
- GES-SIC Life launch insurance policy for teachers
- Western North: Cocoa farmers, landowners meet over controversial lease pact
- Police pick up GUTA executives over trade fracas with foreigners
- US billionaires' group calls for wealth tax
- Vodafone’s unveils new offer that allows you to share data in the family
- Zimbabwe ends decade of dollarisation in new currency reform
- China: Africa projects should be sustainable, denounces criticism
- Foreign MoMo operators must have 30% local participation to secure license – BoG
- Special Prosecutor, CHRAJ to assist PIAC to fight misuse of petroleum funds
- KPMG appoints new Senior Partner
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme