First National Bank Ghana has appointed Mark Yeboah Achiampong as Head of Commercial and Business Banking.
Mark Achiampong has a rich and diversified banking background through a career spanning over 15 years and has extensive experience in product and segmentation development, credit risk, SME and commercial and retail banking.
Prior to his new appointment, Mr Achiampong was the General Manager - Retail Banking at the Heritage Bank Limited where he led the development and roll out the banks’ customer proposition for the personal and SME segment.
Mr Achiampong holds a Bachelor of Business degree in Marketing from Nanyang Technology University in Singapore.
“This is indeed a great addition to our leadership team and we are delighted that Mark accepted the challenge of leading our Commercial and Business banking unit. As a new and rapidly growing bank we believe his unique skills, understanding of the market and his experience will help us to unlock new opportunities in the business banking space” Richard Hudson, Chief Executive of First National Bank Ghana, says.
“Mark is expected to help enhance our commercial and business banking capability and make it attractive to businesses in Ghana. Ultimately, our customers will benefit immensely from this move.”
“This new appointment comes as a challenge to me and I am excited about joining one of the biggest banking brands on the continent,” Mark Achiampong added.
“We are positioning ourselves to be very attractive to businesses. I have a very solid team and we will develop new business portfolios to add to the existing ones and make sure First National Bank becomes the pacesetter when it comes to business banking” he said.
Mr Achiampong has had stints at Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, UT Bank and Heritage Bank. At Stanbic Bank, his core focus was on Commercial Banking, where he significantly grew the commercial banking portfolio and developed new market propositions.
He worked with the Standard Chartered Bank for almost a decade where he spent a significant period in the SME banking Unit.
Mark is a POJOBA and a huge Arsenal fan.
First National Bank was recently crowned the emerging brand of the year 2017 by the Chartered Institutes of Marketing Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018
- G4S will continue to innovate, evolve — MD
- FBNBank draws down curtain on 2018 ‘Save and Win’ promo
- Shell customers meet management, get more than expected
- RwandAir seeks approval to run Accra-New York route
- Global stocks extend slump as growth worries mount
- Reducing post-harvest loses key to tackling hunger – Analyst
- KPMG South Africa apologizes for scandals, seeks second chance
- Front pages: Monday, December 10, 2018
- Better days ahead – Akufo-Addo assures industry
- Akufo-Addo leaves for 3-day Japan visit to boost trade ties
- Tullow Ghana to pay dividend to gov't in 2019