Bond Savings and Loans Company has been adjudged the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Savings and Loans Company of the Year 2017, with its commercial jingle, ‘Be Bold Campaign,’ recognized as Outdoor Advert of the Year.
This is in recognition of the company’s exceptional performance in the non-bank financial sector.
Coinciding with its ten years anniversary, management of the company said it has dedicated the awards to its loyal customers and staff.
The 29th edition of the National Marketing Performance Awards was held at the Accra International Conference Centre last Saturday.
In an exclusive interview with JoyBusiness at the ceremony, Chief Executive Officer of Bond Savings and Loans Company Ltd., George Ofosuhene, said “Bond is actually focusing a lot of its attention on technology; technology is what drives banking business these days.
We’ve invested a lot of money into technology; we are actually focusing on ensuring that we bring a certain level of comfort to the companies and the individuals that deal with us; we want to take banking to their doorstep and they are going to see a lot of innovative products coming from us that make sure that you don’t have to get up from wherever you work to come to us to do business.”
Mr Ofosuhene, however, added that his outfit is leveraging the achievement to increase its offerings to customers.
In its recent Monetary Policy Committee’s meeting, the Bank of Ghana said some savings and loans firms have shown signs of insolvency and will have to be liquidated.
But according to some financial experts, though the regulator seeks to implement measures to stabilize the sector, there’s the need to streamline the action to prevent any mishaps as seen in the banking sector.
Mr Ofosuhene, however, welcomed the Central Bank’s resolve and tells JoyBusiness his outfit is in the position to meet any regulatory requirement.
About Bond Savings and Loans
Bond Savings and Loans commenced operations as a Finance House in 2008. After five years in operation, it acquired the license to operate as a savings and loans company.
With the tagline, “Your Success, Our Passion,” the company made remarkable strides in Ghana’s financial services sector, especially in recent years of economic turbulence in the country such as the closure of insolvent banks.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed
- World's 'most excellent' airlines for 2019 revealed