Bond Savings and Loans Company has been adjudged the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Savings and Loans Company of the Year 2017, with its commercial jingle, ‘Be Bold Campaign,’ recognized as Outdoor Advert of the Year.
This is in recognition of the company’s exceptional performance in the non-bank financial sector.
Coinciding with its ten years anniversary, management of the company said it has dedicated the awards to its loyal customers and staff.
The 29th edition of the National Marketing Performance Awards was held at the Accra International Conference Centre last Saturday.
In an exclusive interview with JoyBusiness at the ceremony, Chief Executive Officer of Bond Savings and Loans Company Ltd., George Ofosuhene, said “Bond is actually focusing a lot of its attention on technology; technology is what drives banking business these days.
We’ve invested a lot of money into technology; we are actually focusing on ensuring that we bring a certain level of comfort to the companies and the individuals that deal with us; we want to take banking to their doorstep and they are going to see a lot of innovative products coming from us that make sure that you don’t have to get up from wherever you work to come to us to do business.”
Mr Ofosuhene, however, added that his outfit is leveraging the achievement to increase its offerings to customers.
In its recent Monetary Policy Committee’s meeting, the Bank of Ghana said some savings and loans firms have shown signs of insolvency and will have to be liquidated.
But according to some financial experts, though the regulator seeks to implement measures to stabilize the sector, there’s the need to streamline the action to prevent any mishaps as seen in the banking sector.
Mr Ofosuhene, however, welcomed the Central Bank’s resolve and tells JoyBusiness his outfit is in the position to meet any regulatory requirement.
About Bond Savings and Loans
Bond Savings and Loans commenced operations as a Finance House in 2008. After five years in operation, it acquired the license to operate as a savings and loans company.
With the tagline, “Your Success, Our Passion,” the company made remarkable strides in Ghana’s financial services sector, especially in recent years of economic turbulence in the country such as the closure of insolvent banks.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan
- GUTA confident of possible reduction in import duties
- Tunisia Trade Mission targets Ghana as strategic point of investment