Bond Savings and Loans Company has been adjudged the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Savings and Loans Company of the Year 2017, with its commercial jingle, ‘Be Bold Campaign,’ recognized as Outdoor Advert of the Year.
This is in recognition of the company’s exceptional performance in the non-bank financial sector.
Coinciding with its ten years anniversary, management of the company said it has dedicated the awards to its loyal customers and staff.
The 29th edition of the National Marketing Performance Awards was held at the Accra International Conference Centre last Saturday.
In an exclusive interview with JoyBusiness at the ceremony, Chief Executive Officer of Bond Savings and Loans Company Ltd., George Ofosuhene, said “Bond is actually focusing a lot of its attention on technology; technology is what drives banking business these days.
We’ve invested a lot of money into technology; we are actually focusing on ensuring that we bring a certain level of comfort to the companies and the individuals that deal with us; we want to take banking to their doorstep and they are going to see a lot of innovative products coming from us that make sure that you don’t have to get up from wherever you work to come to us to do business.”
Mr Ofosuhene, however, added that his outfit is leveraging the achievement to increase its offerings to customers.
In its recent Monetary Policy Committee’s meeting, the Bank of Ghana said some savings and loans firms have shown signs of insolvency and will have to be liquidated.
But according to some financial experts, though the regulator seeks to implement measures to stabilize the sector, there’s the need to streamline the action to prevent any mishaps as seen in the banking sector.
Mr Ofosuhene, however, welcomed the Central Bank’s resolve and tells JoyBusiness his outfit is in the position to meet any regulatory requirement.
About Bond Savings and Loans
Bond Savings and Loans commenced operations as a Finance House in 2008. After five years in operation, it acquired the license to operate as a savings and loans company.
With the tagline, “Your Success, Our Passion,” the company made remarkable strides in Ghana’s financial services sector, especially in recent years of economic turbulence in the country such as the closure of insolvent banks.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MP calls for increased investment in renewable energy
- Dalex rewards top performing sales staff with trip to Dubai
- Ghana’s economy grew by 6.7% in Q1 of 2019
- Tullow beefs up security on FPSO Kwame Nkrumah after man jumps overboard
- ‘They can’t be bothered’ – SEC accused as millions get locked up in troubled firms
- The world now has three people worth more than $100bn each
- Boeing ends sales drought, announcing first new airplane orders in three months
- West African countries resolve to improve maritime safety
- Farmers commend government on floor price for cocoa
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup to start before September - Finance Minister
- Baker Hughes commended for supporting Accelerated Oil and Gas Capacity programme
- Central Bank Governors in West Africa commit to 2020 deadline for common currency
- Another ¢5.5bn needed to finish financial sector cleanup—World Bank report
- Ghana Bauxite Company shuts down as aggrieved staff burn company properties
- MTN to empower 100 persons with disability to mark 10th MoMo anniversary