Hundreds of golfers across the country gathered at the Achimota Golf Course, Accra Saturday to participate in the 2018 CAL Bank Limited open golf championship.
The Ghanaian-owned bank organised the event as part of its annual strategy of empowering both professional and amateurs of the golf fraternity.
The three-day 18-hole event, had its unique blend of sporting fun and fostered healthy sporting rivalry among players and partners.
Managing Director of CAL Bank, Frank Adu Jnr. also displayed his golf skills to the admiration of staff, guests and colleague golfers.
We’ll continue to support golf competitions despite financial sector challenges
Philip Owriedu, Executive Director of CAL Bank mentioned that despite the shake-ups in Ghana’s financial sector, the bank is strong and reliable enough to continue supporting the championship in the years to come.
Captain of the Achimota Golf Club, Ben Botchwey hailed CAL Bank for its continuous assistance and dedication to the development of golf in the country.
He also thanked the bank for contributing to the success of the competition.
Scores of participants emerged winners of the various categories of the competition.
All winners took home trophies and branded souvenirs from CAL Bank.
Kenyan resident in Ghana, Victor Oyongo was crowned the overall winner after returning a net score of 68 in the men’s Group A, grossed 77 with his new handicap of 8.
He attributed his success to CAL Bank’s sponsorship and the zeal with which he competed.
CAL Bank and its support to golf
CAL Bank is aimed at empowering the society through sports by promoting known and lesser known sports as a means of fostering social integration.
Over the years, the bank has supported the development of golf especially with its strategy of empowering the youth through its golf academy.
Currently, CAL Bank is the most innovative indigenous Ghanaian Bank in Ghana.
Its slogan ‘Forward Together’ continuously drives the bank to play an important role in the Ghanaian financial sector by providing total banking services to personal, commercial and corporate clients in Ghana and beyond.
See more photos:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector