Hundreds of golfers across the country gathered at the Achimota Golf Course, Accra Saturday to participate in the 2018 CAL Bank Limited open golf championship.
The Ghanaian-owned bank organised the event as part of its annual strategy of empowering both professional and amateurs of the golf fraternity.
The three-day 18-hole event, had its unique blend of sporting fun and fostered healthy sporting rivalry among players and partners.
Managing Director of CAL Bank, Frank Adu Jnr. also displayed his golf skills to the admiration of staff, guests and colleague golfers.
We’ll continue to support golf competitions despite financial sector challenges
Philip Owriedu, Executive Director of CAL Bank mentioned that despite the shake-ups in Ghana’s financial sector, the bank is strong and reliable enough to continue supporting the championship in the years to come.
Captain of the Achimota Golf Club, Ben Botchwey hailed CAL Bank for its continuous assistance and dedication to the development of golf in the country.
He also thanked the bank for contributing to the success of the competition.
Scores of participants emerged winners of the various categories of the competition.
All winners took home trophies and branded souvenirs from CAL Bank.
Kenyan resident in Ghana, Victor Oyongo was crowned the overall winner after returning a net score of 68 in the men’s Group A, grossed 77 with his new handicap of 8.
He attributed his success to CAL Bank’s sponsorship and the zeal with which he competed.
CAL Bank and its support to golf
CAL Bank is aimed at empowering the society through sports by promoting known and lesser known sports as a means of fostering social integration.
Over the years, the bank has supported the development of golf especially with its strategy of empowering the youth through its golf academy.
Currently, CAL Bank is the most innovative indigenous Ghanaian Bank in Ghana.
Its slogan ‘Forward Together’ continuously drives the bank to play an important role in the Ghanaian financial sector by providing total banking services to personal, commercial and corporate clients in Ghana and beyond.
See more photos:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Ghana assures shareholders of good times ahead
- Borrowing in 2019 won’t cause debt distress – Ofori-Atta assures
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Gov't engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties
- IMF says optimism in South Africa's economic recovery fading
- Govt releases GH¢2 billion to pay contractors
- Microfinance depositors demand gov’t bail out
- Nana Efua Rockson is “Woman PR Professional of the Year 2018”
- VISA to drive financial inclusion through football; signs sponsorship deal with CAF
- ECG invests "more than GH¢14m" to improve Accra West systems
- Israel explores economic opportunities in Ashanti Region
- Ecobank Ghana celebrates Day with $150,000 CSR project
- What Africa's central banks will discuss in the next 10 days
- Gold Fields West Africa pays $16m dividend to gov't
- Daniel McKorley wins Chamber Business Man of the Year award