Hundreds of golfers across the country gathered at the Achimota Golf Course, Accra Saturday to participate in the 2018 CAL Bank Limited open golf championship.
The Ghanaian-owned bank organised the event as part of its annual strategy of empowering both professional and amateurs of the golf fraternity.
The three-day 18-hole event, had its unique blend of sporting fun and fostered healthy sporting rivalry among players and partners.
Managing Director of CAL Bank, Frank Adu Jnr. also displayed his golf skills to the admiration of staff, guests and colleague golfers.
We’ll continue to support golf competitions despite financial sector challenges
Philip Owriedu, Executive Director of CAL Bank mentioned that despite the shake-ups in Ghana’s financial sector, the bank is strong and reliable enough to continue supporting the championship in the years to come.
Captain of the Achimota Golf Club, Ben Botchwey hailed CAL Bank for its continuous assistance and dedication to the development of golf in the country.
He also thanked the bank for contributing to the success of the competition.
Scores of participants emerged winners of the various categories of the competition.
All winners took home trophies and branded souvenirs from CAL Bank.
Kenyan resident in Ghana, Victor Oyongo was crowned the overall winner after returning a net score of 68 in the men’s Group A, grossed 77 with his new handicap of 8.
He attributed his success to CAL Bank’s sponsorship and the zeal with which he competed.
CAL Bank and its support to golf
CAL Bank is aimed at empowering the society through sports by promoting known and lesser known sports as a means of fostering social integration.
Over the years, the bank has supported the development of golf especially with its strategy of empowering the youth through its golf academy.
Currently, CAL Bank is the most innovative indigenous Ghanaian Bank in Ghana.
Its slogan ‘Forward Together’ continuously drives the bank to play an important role in the Ghanaian financial sector by providing total banking services to personal, commercial and corporate clients in Ghana and beyond.
See more photos:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan