GCB Bank Limited has presented 10 desktop computers and accessories to the Benkum Senior High School (BENSCO) in the Akuapem North Municipality of the Eastern region.
The donation was in response to an appeal by the Management of the School for computers to furnish its newly built ICT laboratory.
The Management of the School described GCB’s intervention as timely and appropriate since the available computers of the school had broken down and adversely affecting the teaching and learning of ICT.
The Corporate and Brand Communications Manager of the Bank, Emmanuel Kojo Kwarteng presented the computers on behalf of the Management of GCB Bank.
He said Management of the Bank attaches importance to the education of children and as a result has prioritized it in its corporate social responsibility initiatives.
He noted that Information communication technology (ICT) has become an integral part of the educational curriculum saying “the world is moving towards ICT and digitisation.”
Mr Kwarteng said any kind of education for children that precludes ICT would not inure to the benefit of students and youth who are the future leaders.
He also thanked the Management of the school for taking into consideration the future of the students.
“We entrust the computers into the hands of the school’s Management team, to put the computers and accessories into good use, ensure maintenance and allow the school children to use them in their studies and not for decorative purposes,” he added.
The Akropong Akwapim Branch Manager of GCB, Mireku Brobbey, was happy that the Management of the Bank extended such assistance to the school.
The Headmistress of the School, Philomena Beddu, expressed her gratitude to the Management of GCB Bank for the support towards the development of the school.
She also gave the assurance that the existing business relationship with GCB will be nurtured adding that the school would continue to be a loyal customer of the Bank.
Present at the ceremony was the Vice-Chairman of Benkum Old Students’ Association (BOSA), Tahiru Salihu.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NLA, NABCo collaborate to train graduates on solar panel installation, maintenance
- GEPA outlines strategies for increased market share
- Over 15 exploration companies to lose licences by the end of 2019
- Gov't places indefinite ban on export of all leafy vegetables
- Tullow Oil plans $250m investment in Ghana operations
- GCNet deploys upgraded Cargo Manifest to deepen port reforms
- Debt stock goes up ¢22bn in 4 months
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020