GCB Bank Limited has presented 10 desktop computers and accessories to the Benkum Senior High School (BENSCO) in the Akuapem North Municipality of the Eastern region.
The donation was in response to an appeal by the Management of the School for computers to furnish its newly built ICT laboratory.
The Management of the School described GCB’s intervention as timely and appropriate since the available computers of the school had broken down and adversely affecting the teaching and learning of ICT.
The Corporate and Brand Communications Manager of the Bank, Emmanuel Kojo Kwarteng presented the computers on behalf of the Management of GCB Bank.
He said Management of the Bank attaches importance to the education of children and as a result has prioritized it in its corporate social responsibility initiatives.
He noted that Information communication technology (ICT) has become an integral part of the educational curriculum saying “the world is moving towards ICT and digitisation.”
Mr Kwarteng said any kind of education for children that precludes ICT would not inure to the benefit of students and youth who are the future leaders.
He also thanked the Management of the school for taking into consideration the future of the students.
“We entrust the computers into the hands of the school’s Management team, to put the computers and accessories into good use, ensure maintenance and allow the school children to use them in their studies and not for decorative purposes,” he added.
The Akropong Akwapim Branch Manager of GCB, Mireku Brobbey, was happy that the Management of the Bank extended such assistance to the school.
The Headmistress of the School, Philomena Beddu, expressed her gratitude to the Management of GCB Bank for the support towards the development of the school.
She also gave the assurance that the existing business relationship with GCB will be nurtured adding that the school would continue to be a loyal customer of the Bank.
Present at the ceremony was the Vice-Chairman of Benkum Old Students’ Association (BOSA), Tahiru Salihu.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions
- Climate Week: Place agro-ecology at centre of climate action in Africa -- CSOs demand
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana
- Parliament passes Payment Systems and Services bill
- Bawumia leads Economic Management team town Hall meeting on April 3
- Eurobond success vote of confidence in economic resurgence - Gov’t