PEG Africa has been honoured as a leading company in Ghana during the prestigious annual 2018 SME GhanaAwards.
The award is in recognition of PEG Africa’s innovative approach to providing affordable renewable energy solutions to rural communities to replace harmful and expensive use of batteries, candles and kerosene.
PEG, a leading off-grid solar company in West Africa with over 400 staff and operations in 3 countries, has been operating in Ghana since 2015.
It has provided cost-effective solar home systems on credit that benefits 240,000 Ghanaians living in off-grid rural communities.
Along with its most recent SME Ghana Award, PEG Africa has earned many prestigious awards including the international Ashden Award (UK) for Innovative Financing, being named by London Stock Exchange as one of the Fast Growing Companies in Africa, and being referenced by the BBC as a Top 5 Technology Trend in Africa (2018).
In her comments after receiving the award, Efuwa Quansah, Country Director of PEG Africa expressed gratitude to the SME Ghana Award organizers.
“PEG is dedicated to ensuring that every Ghanaian home across the country has access to affordable and reliable energy. We are committed to reducing the reliance on poor quality polluting fuels and we will continue to work to bridge the gaps on energy poverty and financial inclusion through solar technology”.
PEG has a heavy focus on improving the lives of underserved and remote Ghanaians, and runs a CSR initiative, called PEG Boafo to drive this agenda.
PEG Boafo seeks to support seeks to support selected PEG communities in the areas of healthcare delivery and educationwith free solar lighting systems.
PEG intends to further extend its impact with a pioneering new initiative allowing Ghanaians living abroad or in urban centres to give the “Gift of Light” to their friends and relatives living off grid.
The Gift of Light initiative has created a way for Ghanaians to purchase affordable solar lighting systems on credit for direct delivery and installation across all regions in Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- ECG takeover to happen Feb. 27
- SONA 2019: Govt to launch National Automotive Policy in March
- Ghana needs $2bn agro, industry investment to stabilise cedi
- Jubilee House to be powered by Solar energy from August
- Tax exemption policy growing menace to fiscal stability, revenue generation – Akufo-Addo
- Africa needs to implement continental strategy on technology – Fidelity MD
- Oil hovers near 2019 highs amid OPEC cuts
- Tullow Ghana deepens its local content agenda through maiden mentorship program
- Pressure on cedi backed by real demand by businesses – ACI
- GCIC entrepreneurs generate over $1 million in revenue
- Silver Star Auto unveils Mercedes-Benz ambulances in Ghana
- Local steel industry touted as backbone of Ghanaian economy
- Banking sector reforms: Fiscal and macroeconomic costs - 2
- Ghana drops five points on latest Consumer Confidence Index
- SME's exposed to cyber security threat – Expert warns