The Head of Communications at gold dealership, Menzgold, George Quaye, has resigned.
Joy Business understands that he tendered in his resignation on Thursday, October 4, 2018.
It is not yet clear what might have influenced Mr Quaye’s decision to part ways with the embattled gold dealership.
However, sources tell Joy Business that the current development at the firm, particularly regulatory issues with the Bank of Ghana and the Securities and Exchanges Commission could have contributed to his abrupt exit.
The sources also cite a hushed internal strife between Mr Quaye and the management of Menzgold as a possible reason for resignation.
George Quaye and Menzgold
George Quaye was in August this year appointed as the Head of Communications of Menzgold.
His appointment came as a shock to some in the communications industry because of his background as an entertainment pundit and TV production heavyweight.
He has worked at production and event company, Charter House, for almost 12 years where he also served as Head of Communications before he moved to Menzgold.
Mr. Quaye joined Menzgold at a time when the firm was facing troubles with state regulators about the firm’s operations.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Foundation gives 100 PCs to Tardi Technical University
- GSE to introduce MoMo for trading on secondary market in 2019
- Scania West Africa introduces new truck generation range
- VIDEO: Bank mergers; BoG may give ‘waivers’ to some banks – Otu Acheampong
- South Africa Civil Aviation Authority grounds CemAir's 21 planes
- Construction of Takoradi Airport starts 2019
- Fuel prices to reduce further from next week
- ACEP: $51.3 million saving on AMERI deal commendable
- GCB supports completion of Alavanyo Maternity Clinic with ¢100,000
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- Martell to launch two new outstanding cognacs in Ghana