The popular general merchandise store, GAME, is to open its fourth outlet in Ghana at the Achimota Retail Centre (ARC) in November.
“Everything’s underway for a grand opening ARC following the store’s taking occupancy last Thursday,” Jonathan Lotter, the Broll Portfolio Executive for AttAfrica, told reporters today.
“Fit out operations are fervently in progress and judging by the pace of work, we can expect that Game’s doors would open to our customers and patrons latest by the end of November,” he added.
GAME is a highly celebrated retailer of general domestic merchandise and non-perishable groceries for homes, for leisure and for business use.
The South Africa-based shop is a subsidiary of Massmart Holdings of South Africa, Africa’s third largest distributor of consumer goods and the leading retailer of general merchandise, liquor and home improvement equipment and supplies.
GAME has multiple stores in eleven African countries and is continually opening new stores across the continent.
Ghanaians have known and experienced GAME since 2007, but on a rather limited scale, as until last year, there was only one GAME store in the country, located at the Accra Mall.
Game opened a second store in Ghana as an anchor tenant at the Kumasi City Mall, in Kumasi on April 20 last year. Only last week, it announced its highly anticipated arrival at Accra’s biggest shopping centre, West Hills Mall.
Popularly known by locals as Achimota Mall, Achimota Retail Centre is located at Dome near St John’s Grammar School, off the Accra-Nsawam Highway.
It serves residents in the majority of communities within the Ga North Municipality, including Tantra Hills, Ashongman and Kwabenya Estates, Dome and the Achimota township.
GAME Marketing Manager, Anthony Asamoah said the outlet’s entry to Achimota Retail Centre would completely change the dynamics of shopping at the centre.
“Our customers are extremely delighted about the arrival of GAME here. Some say they consider Game as an exceptional shopping venue because of the store stocks almost everything.
“Game is indeed a true one-stop shop which would meet a wide range of needs of our customers,” Asamoah added.
When GAME opens at Achimota Retail Centre, it will bring the total number of GAME stores in Ghana to four, including the massive 3,500 square meters large trading outlet expected to open later this month (October) at West Hills Mall.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions