Brewery Limited (ABL), manufacturers of club beer, Ghana’s number-one selling beer, has won the Excellence in Procurement & Supply Chain of the Year award for the beverage manufacturing sector at the 2018 Ghana Procurement & Supply Chain Awards.
During the ceremony at the Mӧvenpick Ambassador hotel, ABL’s Country Director, Mr. Philip Redman, who received the award,stated that “this is a proud moment for us as a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABInBev), the world’s largest brewer”.
“We have always championed transparency and fairness in our procurement process and this award will urge us on as we continue to realise our Dream of bringing people together for a better world”.
Ms. Bernice Gyimah, ABL’s Local Category Manager (Procurement), added that “as part of ABInBev’s Procurement function, all our suppliers adhereto the strict compliance standards set in the business in order to further strengthen our business reputation and integrity”.
The Role of Procurement in the Achievement of ABL’s 2025 Sustainability Goals.
Our Procurement function plays a critical role in achieving our Business’s 2025 Sustainability Goals by training our suppliers to adhere to our Supplier Code Conduct; operating a transparent pricing structure with suppliers; and conducting a financial and governance audit with all raw material and packaging material suppliers before they are on boarded onto our Approved Vendor List (AVL).
As a proud part of ABInBev, ABL is working towards attaining its 2025 Sustainability Goals which are focused on Smart Agriculture, Circular Packaging, Water Stewardship, and Climate Action.
With these goals, ABL will financially empower the farmers from which the company sources its local raw materials such as maize and cassava; use more recyclable packaging; improve the availability of water in high stress areas; and reduce their carbon emissions and increase renewable energy use all by 100%.
Accra Brewery Limited was first established in 1931 and has been a captain of industry for over 86 years.
Mr. Philip Redman receives the Excellence in Procurement & Supply Chain of the Year for Beverage Manufacturing, from the Minister of State in charge of Public Procurement, Sarah Adwoa Safo.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana leads SWIFT financial messaging transactions in West Africa
- Vodafone shows new level with “Bossu”
- NPA directs OMC’s to re-introduce Stabilization and Recovery Levy
- MTN staff organises skills training for 1000 youth across Ghana
- Receiver for Unibank files application to halt arbitration hearing
- Cocoa supply chain summit held to push ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ agenda
- Ghana launches Chamber of Independent Power Producers
- 3rd China Trade Week opens in Accra
- Ecobank named ‘Best Retail Bank in Africa’
- HK billionaire to pay $14m in tuition fees for Chinese students
- MP calls for increased investment in renewable energy
- Dalex rewards top performing sales staff with trip to Dubai
- Ghana’s economy grew by 6.7% in Q1 of 2019
- Tullow beefs up security on FPSO Kwame Nkrumah after man jumps overboard
- ‘They can’t be bothered’ – SEC accused as millions get locked up in troubled firms