Trade activity is expected to get a boost as the Kotoka International Airport Terminal three goes live on Saturday, 15th September.
“This kind of facility provides a platform for any cargo airline to use this place as its hub for trade. So it is a compliment for trade to be boosted,” Deputy Minister for Trade Carlos Ahinkorah said.
Mr Ahinkorah spoke to JoyBusiness after a touring the new KIA Terminal 3 project in the company of the Board Chair of the Ghana Revenue Authority and members of the customs division of the Ghana Revenue Authority.
The tour commenced from the departure halls of the new terminal 3 then through different levels of the facility.
Particular attention was given to the luggage handling systems and how the customs intents to step up security in that section to curb the smuggling of illicit drugs and items into the country.
The new ultra-modern terminal is expected to handle up to five million passengers a year double the current capacity of the old terminal 2.
The Board Chair of the Ghana revenue Authority Harry Owusu was hopeful that the expected increase in passenger numbers will help generate more revenue for the country.
He said, “with the increase in traffic flow, revenues are expected to increase correspondingly but it will depend on how quickly we adjust to the new technologies.”
Concluding remarks from both officials gave the green light for full operations to take off at the new terminal three.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't hints of tax exemptions adjustment
- 5 defendants demand documents from uniBank’s Receiver
- Standard Chartered launches full Digital Bank on mobile
- Cedi falls to record low as foreign investors shun Ghana bonds
- Zimbabwe launches new, discounted currency as banks reopen
- MTN Group appoints Oyebowale Akideinde Head OTT Music Services
- Key Soap rewards loyal consumers at Promo Baako Pe 2018 grand finale
- Nigeria hits oil majors with billions in back taxes
- South Africa's Eskom bailout could reach $10.79 billion
- Financial Stability Advisory Council a step in the right direction - Banking consultant
- VIDEO: SONA 2019 - What President Akufo-Addo said on the economy
- Allow us to advertise – Medical directors urge regulator
- Anglogold Ashanti supports small scale industries with maiden trade show in Obuasi
- New Suzuki Ciaz, Suzuki Vitara models unveiled
- NCA revokes Expresso's operating licence