Chief Executive Officer of the Public Procurement Authority, A.B Adjei was adjudged Procurement man of the year at the maiden edition of the 2018 Ghana Procurement and Supply Chain awards held at September 7, 2018.
This was one of the high moments of the just concluded Ghana Procurement Awards which was held at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel on Friday
His immense contribution to the development of Public Procurement, especially in capacity building, procurement evaluation and monitoring both at home and abroad were considered as a yardstick for this award
With over 3 decades of experience in procurement and Supply, Mr. Adjei has contributed immensely to the growth of procurement and supply in Ghana.His outstanding service, innovation and tireless efforts in Ghana’s Procurement & Supply Chain sector is indeed phenomenal
Little wonder he refers to Procurement as his second marriage, A.B Ajei lives, breaths, eats and sleeps procurement. His passion, commitment and drive for the profession is infectious. It is not farfetched that he is a two- time CEO of Ghana’s Public Procurement Authority
In recognition of his outstanding service, innovation and tireless efforts in Ghana’s Procurement & Supply Chain sector, this distinguished procurement and supply chain expert is also a recipient of a number of prestigious awards notably among which is the Top 50 African Public Sector Excellence Award and the 2018 Global CEO Award in Public Procurement Industry.
He is a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport all in UK. He is also a fellow of the Institute of Project Management Professionals-Ghana and a member of the Steering Committee of the Public Financial Management Reform Project (PFMRP) and the Approving Committee for Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Ghana.
He holds amongst others academic qualifications- a Master of Law Degree (LLM) in Procurement Law and Policy from the Nottingham University, UK and another Master of Science Degree in Logistics and Transportation from Cranfield University, UK. He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from West Bromwich College of Commerce and Technology, UK.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs