Spirited business executive, Alexander Akwasi Acquah, is to be honoured at the maiden Eastern Star Awards (ESA) scheduled for Thursday, September 20.
Mr. Acquah, Chief Executive of The Community Hospitals (TCH) Group, is to receive the ‘Osagyefo Award’ for Excellence in Health Service Provider at the event which will be held at the Mac-Dic Royal Hotel in Koforidua, the Eastern Regional capital.
Eastern Star Awards seeks to recognise individuals who hail from the region who have other the years contributed and positively impacted on the development of the region and the country as a whole, organisers have said.
The recognition is also to motivate indigenes to continue with their good works and also to inspire others, especially youth from the region.
The 2018 edition of the Eastern Star Awards & Paramountcy Trade Expo is on the theme “Contribution of Easterners to Ghana’s development- our people, our brand”.
The businessman who operates The Community Hospital and Mortuaries in Akyem Oda, Kukurantumi, Somanya and Adeiso all in the Eastern Region, was selected following rigorous screening by a committee made up of representatives of all the 11 Paramountcies of the Regional House of Chiefs.
Other facilities operated by the TCH Group are The Community Hospital in Ashongman Estates, Trinity Community Hospital in Ashaiman as well as Kaneshie Medical Centre, all in the Greater Accra Region.
President Nana Akufo-Addo, who is the Special Guest and himself an indigene, will also be enstooled the ‘Mputuhene’ (Development Chief) of the people the Eastern Region.
Activities also include a trade expo to be held from Wednesday, September 19-20, at the Jackson Park from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions
- Climate Week: Place agro-ecology at centre of climate action in Africa -- CSOs demand
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana
- Parliament passes Payment Systems and Services bill
- Bawumia leads Economic Management team town Hall meeting on April 3
- Eurobond success vote of confidence in economic resurgence - Gov’t