Spirited business executive, Alexander Akwasi Acquah, is to be honoured at the maiden Eastern Star Awards (ESA) scheduled for Thursday, September 20.
Mr. Acquah, Chief Executive of The Community Hospitals (TCH) Group, is to receive the ‘Osagyefo Award’ for Excellence in Health Service Provider at the event which will be held at the Mac-Dic Royal Hotel in Koforidua, the Eastern Regional capital.
Eastern Star Awards seeks to recognise individuals who hail from the region who have other the years contributed and positively impacted on the development of the region and the country as a whole, organisers have said.
The recognition is also to motivate indigenes to continue with their good works and also to inspire others, especially youth from the region.
The 2018 edition of the Eastern Star Awards & Paramountcy Trade Expo is on the theme “Contribution of Easterners to Ghana’s development- our people, our brand”.
The businessman who operates The Community Hospital and Mortuaries in Akyem Oda, Kukurantumi, Somanya and Adeiso all in the Eastern Region, was selected following rigorous screening by a committee made up of representatives of all the 11 Paramountcies of the Regional House of Chiefs.
Other facilities operated by the TCH Group are The Community Hospital in Ashongman Estates, Trinity Community Hospital in Ashaiman as well as Kaneshie Medical Centre, all in the Greater Accra Region.
President Nana Akufo-Addo, who is the Special Guest and himself an indigene, will also be enstooled the ‘Mputuhene’ (Development Chief) of the people the Eastern Region.
Activities also include a trade expo to be held from Wednesday, September 19-20, at the Jackson Park from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NLA, NABCo collaborate to train graduates on solar panel installation, maintenance
- GEPA outlines strategies for increased market share
- Over 15 exploration companies to lose licences by the end of 2019
- Gov't places indefinite ban on export of all leafy vegetables
- Tullow Oil plans $250m investment in Ghana operations
- GCNet deploys upgraded Cargo Manifest to deepen port reforms
- Debt stock goes up ¢22bn in 4 months
- Opportunity International drives financial literacy in rural communities
- AirtelTigo partners Huawei to boost smartphone usage with free data
- Africa's no. 1 bank says Lonmin Investors should reject bid
- Entervarsity launches platform to aid students' search on courses
- VIDEO: Review of Ghana’s home ownership, mortgage space
- Court orders arbitration on uniBank
- Stratcomm Africa CEO inspires young Women in PR Ghana
- Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' currency in 2020