As part of its commitment to set the standards for the automobile industry, Mechanical Lloyd Company Limited, , the official franchise holder for the BMW brand in Ghana has unveiled the all-new BMW X3.
The new model, which is the third generation of the BMW X3, is expected to offer exceptional comfort and extreme flexibility made possible by cutting-edge technology.
Speaking at a short ceremony to launch the vehicle at its showroom in Accra, Director of Sales and Marketing, Edward Kojo Annobil, was confident the new production line will become a main player in the automobile market.
“As we all know, BMW is committed to setting the standards for the automobile industry and, therefore, ensure that they deliver nothing less than ‘sheer driving pleasure’. This is always reflected in their cars and the same applies to the new model that we are unveiling today. This car is a visionary and will command presence on the Ghanaian market. It defines class and will continue to do so for many years to come."
Outlining some of the features of the new BMW X3, Mr. Edward Kojo Annobil said, the design for the car seeks to give its owner the desired comfort, security and class.
“The all-new BMW X3 operates intuitively; specific functions can be operated through BMW voice control, BMW gesture and touch. Swiping or pointing movements controls phone calls. The interior of the new BMW X3 displays unbeatable fit and finish and material quality and is even classier and more luxurious than its predecessor. Comfort levels are further elevated by a host of new equipment options like the ambient air package and active seat ventilation.
Another new equipment item is the optional BMW display key, which not only locks and unlocks the BMW X3 by radio remote control but also shows a variety of status information on the car and serves as the control unit.”
He also added that “its new sharper design featuring the chunky kidney grille will turn heads wherever you go, while you and your passenger blissfully enjoy the utmost luxury and latest innovation inside. But because you are all individuals, the all-new BMW X3 can be specified to meet your exact needs with its x-line, M sports and luxury line trim options.”
Mechanical Lloyd Company Limited is a leading motor company and garage operator in Ghana, holding franchises for BMW and Ford vehicles; and also Massey Ferguson agricultural machinery.
The company was originally called Technical Lloyd, a Dutch-owned Company operating in Ghana in the 1960’s; and dealing in Knapsack sprayers and BMW cars and motors cycles. The company was purchased by Mr R.A Darko, a Ghanaian entrepreneur, renamed Mechanical Lloyd and incorporated as such on 7th August, 1970.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park