As part of its commitment to set the standards for the automobile industry, Mechanical Lloyd Company Limited, , the official franchise holder for the BMW brand in Ghana has unveiled the all-new BMW X3.
The new model, which is the third generation of the BMW X3, is expected to offer exceptional comfort and extreme flexibility made possible by cutting-edge technology.
Speaking at a short ceremony to launch the vehicle at its showroom in Accra, Director of Sales and Marketing, Edward Kojo Annobil, was confident the new production line will become a main player in the automobile market.
“As we all know, BMW is committed to setting the standards for the automobile industry and, therefore, ensure that they deliver nothing less than ‘sheer driving pleasure’. This is always reflected in their cars and the same applies to the new model that we are unveiling today. This car is a visionary and will command presence on the Ghanaian market. It defines class and will continue to do so for many years to come."
Outlining some of the features of the new BMW X3, Mr. Edward Kojo Annobil said, the design for the car seeks to give its owner the desired comfort, security and class.
“The all-new BMW X3 operates intuitively; specific functions can be operated through BMW voice control, BMW gesture and touch. Swiping or pointing movements controls phone calls. The interior of the new BMW X3 displays unbeatable fit and finish and material quality and is even classier and more luxurious than its predecessor. Comfort levels are further elevated by a host of new equipment options like the ambient air package and active seat ventilation.
Another new equipment item is the optional BMW display key, which not only locks and unlocks the BMW X3 by radio remote control but also shows a variety of status information on the car and serves as the control unit.”
He also added that “its new sharper design featuring the chunky kidney grille will turn heads wherever you go, while you and your passenger blissfully enjoy the utmost luxury and latest innovation inside. But because you are all individuals, the all-new BMW X3 can be specified to meet your exact needs with its x-line, M sports and luxury line trim options.”
Mechanical Lloyd Company Limited is a leading motor company and garage operator in Ghana, holding franchises for BMW and Ford vehicles; and also Massey Ferguson agricultural machinery.
The company was originally called Technical Lloyd, a Dutch-owned Company operating in Ghana in the 1960’s; and dealing in Knapsack sprayers and BMW cars and motors cycles. The company was purchased by Mr R.A Darko, a Ghanaian entrepreneur, renamed Mechanical Lloyd and incorporated as such on 7th August, 1970.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services
- Nestle Ghana achieves 12.8% volume growth in 2018
- MTN launches 8th edition of Twin City Fest
- Time to invest in Africa is now – Bawumia woos investors
- Boeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
- Gov't expresses confidence in insurance recapitalisation process
- Accra Mall to introduce Family Club
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme